+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Conditions

rv93023

May 28, 2024
Hi all,
My PGWP has the condition that I “May not work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations”. On the IRCC website it says that you need a medical exam to work in jobs where public health must be protected and you come in close contact with vulnerable people. It goes on to list several jobs in the medical field and jobs in elderly care, ending the list stating that “other similar jobs” may fall under this restriction (see: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html)

I’m planning on working in a homeless shelter where I will be coming into contact with vulnerable people, but it’s not related to healthcare services. I was wondering if I will need a medical exam to work there and get my condition removed? The site seems very vague and I just don't want to get in trouble for violating this condition.

I called the IRCC earlier today and the agent I spoke with said he had never had anyone ask about the specifics of this condition before and wasn't sure what to advise me.

If anyone has any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you!