+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Application Refusal

OneMan

Jul 15, 2024
Good day Everyone,

Kindly help and advise on what to do please;

I applied for my PGWP and my spouse SOWP extension on March 4, 2024, but our applications were refused on July 10, 2024. My refusal letter indicated that I didn't maintain full-time student in each academic session of my program. This is actually incorrect.

I did 12 credits each semester during my program except for Summer 2022 where I did just 6 credits. However, my school considered summer as scheduled break and courses are optional.

My letter of completion also clearly indicates that the school considers a student with a minimum nine credits registered in each Fall and Winter semester to be a full-time student.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't include the letter of completion in my application.

Now, my TRV has expired on the same day of refusal.

What should I do? Kindly advise
1) I'm thinking of applying for reconsideration? (Please someone should be share the correct link to webform for reconsideration)
2) Also to apply to restore my status and reapply for PGWP

Judicial review is not an option because of the cost.

Thank you all for your input.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Good day Everyone,

Kindly help and advise on what to do please;

I applied for my PGWP and my spouse SOWP extension on March 4, 2024, but our applications were refused on July 10, 2024. My refusal letter indicated that I didn't maintain full-time student in each academic session of my program. This is actually incorrect.

I did 12 credits each semester during my program except for Summer 2022 where I did just 6 credits. However, my school considered summer as scheduled break and courses are optional.

My letter of completion also clearly indicates that the school considers a student with a minimum nine credits registered in each Fall and Winter semester to be a full-time student.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't include the letter of completion in my application.

Now, my TRV has expired on the same day of refusal.

What should I do? Kindly advise
1) I'm thinking of applying for reconsideration? (Please someone should be share the correct link to webform for reconsideration)
2) Also to apply to restore my status and reapply for PGWP

Judicial review is not an option because of the cost.

Thank you all for your input.
Reapply for PGWP along with status restoration. Include the completion letter and explain everything in a LOE.

OneMan

Jul 15, 2024
Reapply for PGWP along with status restoration. Include the completion letter and explain everything in a LOE.
Thank you so much for the response.

However, Can I still reapply for PGWP given the 180 days rule? Because my letter of completion from school indicated that I fulfilled the reuqired to graduate from my program by January 31, 2024.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Thank you so much for the response.

However, Can I still reapply for PGWP given the 180 days rule? Because my letter of completion from school indicated that I fulfilled the reuqired to graduate from my program by January 31, 2024.
In that case, reconsideration is probably your best bet. Attach a letter explaining everything to the webform submission.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You might want to look at this thread too.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-refusal-reconsideration.772044/

OneMan

Jul 15, 2024

OneMan

Jul 15, 2024
Thank you.

Please kindly help me; I'm reapplying for my PGWP and restoration of status now and I'm filling the form Imm5710.

What do I tick for the following question?

Question: I am applying for one or more of the following:
a) Apply for a work permit with the same employer
b) Restore my status as a worker
c) Apply for a worker permit for the first time or with a new employer
d) Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

Kindly help plsssss. I'm confused.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Thank you.

Please kindly help me; I'm reapplying for my PGWP and restoration of status now and I'm filling the form Imm5710.

What do I tick for the following question?

Question: I am applying for one or more of the following:
a) Apply for a work permit with the same employer
b) Restore my status as a worker
c) Apply for a worker permit for the first time or with a new employer
d) Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

Kindly help plsssss. I'm confused.
Check b and c. Make sure to pay fees for both restoration and work permit.

Also, you should read these guides before filling your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/imm5710.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide.html