+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and visa

billysheng

Jan 14, 2015
Hello guys, I got a new case. I need your help.

I have applied for PGWP today. The official website shows that it may take 40 days to complete the process. Meanwhile, my visa (not study permit) is also expired.

Here is the situation: 1) PGWP, application submitted, under processing; 2) study permit valid until 7/31; 3) visa expired (2013/7/31).

I wonder how the PGWP will be like. If it is like the study permit, which means CIC will send me a piece of paper and I do not need to send the passport to CIC, can I do the extension of my visa at the same time? I wish to go back to China within the Chinese New Year. If I wait for my PGWP and then extend the visa, it will cost me too much time.

Thank you very much for your kindly help.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

billysheng said:
Hello guys, I got a new case. I need your help.

I have applied for PGWP today. The official website shows that it may take 40 days to complete the process. Meanwhile, my visa (not study permit) is also expired.

Here is the situation: 1) PGWP, application submitted, under processing; 2) study permit valid until 7/31; 3) visa expired (2013/7/31).

I wonder how the PGWP will be like. If it is like the study permit, which means CIC will send me a piece of paper and I do not need to send the passport to CIC, can I do the extension of my visa at the same time? I wish to go back to China within the Chinese New Year. If I wait for my PGWP and then extend the visa, it will cost me too much time.

Thank you very much for your kindly help.

If you apply for visa (TRV) now, you will get it up to 7/31 only. You must have a valid permit before you apply for a TRV.