+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp and study permit/expiry date

Saraj90

Sep 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

I graduated from a 1 yr program and got my grad letter end of August, and I applied for the pgwp on sep 8th. However, my study permit and trv expire end of November. The current online processing times for the pgwp are around 100 days which means I’ll probably have to spend at least until December before I hear back.

I’m aware that since I applied while my study permit is valid, this allows me to work while the work permit processes, and have accepted a job accordingly. However, this month gap worries me especially if my sin expires, and having the trv expire as well leaves me uneasy as I can’t renew it without the official pgwp.

Does anyone have any more info about such cases? Much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I graduated from a 1 yr program and got my grad letter end of August, and I applied for the pgwp on sep 8th. However, my study permit and trv expire end of November. The current online processing times for the pgwp are around 100 days which means I’ll probably have to spend at least until December before I hear back.

I’m aware that since I applied while my study permit is valid, this allows me to work while the work permit processes, and have accepted a job accordingly. However, this month gap worries me especially if my sin expires, and having the trv expire as well leaves me uneasy as I can’t renew it without the official pgwp.

Does anyone have any more info about such cases? Much appreciated.
There is no more info. You will have Implied Status and can continue to work.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Expired sin doesnt matter for anything. There is no real issue unless you decide to leave Canada in which case you cant come back without TRV.