+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and SOWP - ways to keep spouse's job

nana300000

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply .

Can u please share the format of LOE .
Here is the general idea of what we wrote (always take with a grain of salt, each situation is different):

Dear Visa Officer,
My name is NAME (UCI NUMBER). An Open Work Permit holder (NUMBER) valid until DATE; as a spouse of a Study Permit holder NAME (UCI NUMBER, Study permit NUMBER). We currently live in CITY, PROVINCE, Canada.
My spouse was a student at UNIVERSITY, between DATE and DATE. On DATE, he applied for Post-Graduation Work Permit (application number NUMBER). His application is still being processed.
In this application, I apply to extend my current Open Work Permit as a spouse of a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder under the C41 exemption (spouses or common-law partners of skilled workers) for the duration of the Post-Graduation Work Permit of my spouse. I acknowledge that my application would not be approved before my spouse’s application, and I would like to combine our applications.
My spouse is being employed in an occupation that falls within NOC level LEVEL (DESCRIPTION + NOC NUMBER). He was working for the same employer during his studies, but continued working there after he finished his studies, and received # pay slips that are attached to this application. In the ‘Family Member Proof of Status’ I attached the required documents (a letter from the principal foreign worker’s current employer confirming employment; and a copy of the principal foreign worker’s last # pay slips; among additional supporting documents).
I thank you for your time reviewing my application, and would be happy to provide any more information or documents if needed.

djcheema

Apr 13, 2020
Here is the general idea of what we wrote (always take with a grain of salt, each situation is different):

Dear Visa Officer,
My name is NAME (UCI NUMBER). An Open Work Permit holder (NUMBER) valid until DATE; as a spouse of a Study Permit holder NAME (UCI NUMBER, Study permit NUMBER). We currently live in CITY, PROVINCE, Canada.
My spouse was a student at UNIVERSITY, between DATE and DATE. On DATE, he applied for Post-Graduation Work Permit (application number NUMBER). His application is still being processed.
In this application, I apply to extend my current Open Work Permit as a spouse of a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder under the C41 exemption (spouses or common-law partners of skilled workers) for the duration of the Post-Graduation Work Permit of my spouse. I acknowledge that my application would not be approved before my spouse’s application, and I would like to combine our applications.
My spouse is being employed in an occupation that falls within NOC level LEVEL (DESCRIPTION + NOC NUMBER). He was working for the same employer during his studies, but continued working there after he finished his studies, and received # pay slips that are attached to this application. In the ‘Family Member Proof of Status’ I attached the required documents (a letter from the principal foreign worker’s current employer confirming employment; and a copy of the principal foreign worker’s last # pay slips; among additional supporting documents).
I thank you for your time reviewing my application, and would be happy to provide any more information or documents if needed.

thanks .