+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Federal Skilled Worker Program

Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I would like to describe my background before getting into the main topic. I graduated from BCIT, BC, Canada with a 2-year diploma program and received a 3-year PGWP in August 2018. Since then, I started working for a retail firm and my job is identified in NOC B, so pretty much I am eligible for Express Entry if I keep working until this year August to earn at least 1 year experience. Here's a bit info about my early profile:
- IELTS: CLB 9
- Education: 2-year diploma in Canada
- Work Experience: Soon to be 1 year
- Foreign Experience: None

My CRS points aren't able to pass through the cut-off of this year, but I believe there's still hope with a 425 point profile. However, there's a chance for me to boost my points to 450 if I gain 2 year experience, but not guarantee as the score may fluctuate.

My question is that "What if I go back to my country when my PGWP is expired to earn 1 year foreign work experience, will it be possible to apply for Federal Skilled Worker from outside country with my background?"

Thank you for your time and hope you guys have a great day!

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I would like to describe my background before getting into the main topic. I graduated from BCIT, BC, Canada with a 2-year diploma program and received a 3-year PGWP in August 2018. Since then, I started working for a retail firm and my job is identified in NOC B, so pretty much I am eligible for Express Entry if I keep working until this year August to earn at least 1 year experience. Here's a bit info about my early profile:
- IELTS: CLB 9
- Education: 2-year diploma in Canada
- Work Experience: Soon to be 1 year
- Foreign Experience: None

My CRS points aren't able to pass through the cut-off of this year, but I believe there's still hope with a 425 point profile. However, there's a chance for me to boost my points to 450 if I gain 2 year experience, but not guarantee as the score may fluctuate.

My question is that "What if I go back to my country when my PGWP is expired to earn 1 year foreign work experience, will it be possible to apply for Federal Skilled Worker from outside country with my background?"

Thank you for your time and hope you guys have a great day!
You have your PGWP till 2021. And if you gain one year experience, in this year, so by 2020 you would have 2 years experience. Still a lot f time to apply as CEC applicant before expiry of your PGWP. Even if you go to India after gaining 1 year experience from here, you will be still eligible for CEC category.