+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP after changing program from PhD to a certificate in college

sanem91

Mar 12, 2017
Hello everyone. I am recently considering to leave my PhD studies which is in a public university. Rather I am considering to study a 1-year program in a public college which will provide me a certificate in visual arts. I was wondering whether if I can still get a PGWP after getting a certificate from collage rather than a PhD degree. Thanks

MDrafsunislam

Sep 12, 2020
Hello everyone. I am recently considering to leave my PhD studies which is in a public university. Rather I am considering to study a 1-year program in a public college which will provide me a certificate in visual arts. I was wondering whether if I can still get a PGWP after getting a certificate from collage rather than a PhD degree. Thanks
Hi sanem, were you able to change your program from phd to post graduate certificate?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi sanem, were you able to change your program from phd to post graduate certificate?
Post is from 2018 and rules have changed. Assume you are in Canada studying and have been for at least a semester or a year. You can change your DLI. Google “Change study permit”

MDrafsunislam

Sep 12, 2020
Post is from 2018 and rules have changed. Assume you are in Canada studying and have been for at least a semester or a year. You can change your DLI. Google “Change study permit”
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am in Canada studying and have been here for a year. I am considering leaving my Ph.D. for the 2-year post-graduate diploma in business technology at Seneca College. I was wondering will it be possible to get the PGWP if I change my study level.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am in Canada studying and have been here for a year. I am considering leaving my Ph.D. for the 2-year post-graduate diploma in business technology at Seneca College. I was wondering will it be possible to get the PGWP if I change my study level.
Yes it should be.