+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Identification Document

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hi Guys,

Need some suggestion and guiding here. I was thinking to submit a copy of biographical page of my passport and driver's licence but my passport going to expire in couple of months so i am not sure its a good idea to submit passport as one of the ID.

So thinking to submit Drivers licence and Ontario Health Card. I just want to double check Health Insurance card is the same as Ontario Health Card ?

photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It’s ok to submit an expired passport. Mine is, and the CIC agent told me it’s ok as you don’t need to renew it to live in Canada.
You can also submit your DL and OHIP cards as IDs.

Reactions: Usher9387

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Guys,

Need some suggestion and guiding here. I was thinking to submit a copy of biographical page of my passport and driver's licence but my passport going to expire in couple of months so i am not sure its a good idea to submit passport as one of the ID.

So thinking to submit Drivers licence and Ontario Health Card. I just want to double check Health Insurance card is the same as Ontario Health Card ?

photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
Passport is fine, as long as it's valid on the day that you submit your application. OHIP card is OK too. You have to supply the passport details anyway.

Reactions: Usher9387