+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History and Work Experience Out of Status Work Plz Help

ashiny

May 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

Desperately looking for some advice about my situation.

I applied for extension of work permit without LIMA or PR in progress before my PGWP expired. Then, I had been working under implied status. Few months later, I realized it was taking way too long for my application. I contacted CIC and found out my application was refused months ago. After that, I quited my job and left Canada.

I had never received any letter from CIC regarding the decision of my application. I mentioned about it when I contacted CIC to check on my application.

The problem is before I found out the refusal I had been working. So, technically I had worked for a period of time while I was out of status.

How should I put it under my personal history and work experience?

For work experience, I am thinking only including the time until the end of my implied status because it is what I claim points for. I will also ask my company to prove my work experience until the same time on the reference letter.

For personal history, to be honest, I will have to put down that I was still working after my implied status ended. Of course, I will explain why it happened in the LOE. Will I be considered to have worked illegally and my PR application refused? Do I have any chance of getting PR under CEC? If I don't put it down, there would be a gap in my personal history.

Anyone has similar experience as me? Any opinion or advice is very much appreciated.