+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal history 10 years or since 18 years old Express Entry

Hsingh340

Jun 28, 2020
Hi Everybody,

I received the ITA and I am stuck at personal history forum. Its showing me that I have error but not specifying where exactly. I did 12th and after 4 months I was in Canada for studies so I am only filling information since 12th as I was 18 at the moment and not 10 years history. I dont have any gaps as I am putting unemployed for four months after 12th graduation and then showing Canadian studies after. This is quite frustrating, any help with what could I be doing wrong will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hsingh340

Jun 28, 2020
Make sure your personal history is not conflicting with your education and work history.
could you please explain more. I came in September batch but I started my studies in next year January so I am putting sep- january as came to "canada for studies but had to wait " and then January to the year as I completed my studies. so you mean January is overlapped ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, there is probably an overlap occurring.

Try to change to September to December - waiting and January to year of completion and see if it's okay.

Hsingh340

Jun 28, 2020
Yes, there is probably an overlap occurring.

Try to change to September to December - waiting and January to year of completion and see if it's okay.
Do you think putting unemployed after 12th for four month is fine as I was waiting for visa approval ?

Hsingh340

Jun 28, 2020
Of course it is, and i'm speaking from experience.
Thanks so much, also If I should separate the terms where I had to wait for four initial months to start the course and actual time period when I completed the course ? so much confusion here. what would you have done ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, separate the two. Your education should be the exact time you started studying for the course until your completed it.

Hsingh340

Jun 28, 2020
Yes, separate the two. Your education should be the exact time you started studying for the course until your completed it.
Thanks so much. I avoided the overlap and it did the work; however I had to put next month where it was overlapping, do you think it will conflict with anything or they would ask for any proofs to prove the personal history ?

Bikram95

May 20, 2021
Hello all,

I have received my OINP, All the best for all who are waiting.
I was filling my express entry profile. I have some questions regarding that :

I completed my studies in 2013. However I was also working full time along with my studies. So what should I show in my 10 years history as my studies and fulltime work was overlapping? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks