+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Person moving from UK to Canada with no work permit

helkat

Jun 10, 2008
My cousin is 37 and is coming to Canada to live with her mother and step father, but she has no work permit and does not qualify as a skilled worker. She is hoping she can come as a visitor and figure out a way to just stay on a permanent basis. What are the chances of her being able to stay and apply for a work permit within Canada and be able to apply for permanent status? I know that especially in Alberta we are desparate for unskilled and skilled workers and I thought it might be somewhat easier. Just wondering what the chances are? Can anyone shed any light or advice?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

helkat said:
My cousin is 37 and is coming to Canada to live with her mother and step father, but she has no work permit and does not qualify as a skilled worker. She is hoping she can come as a visitor and figure out a way to just stay on a permanent basis. What are the chances of her being able to stay and apply for a work permit within Canada and be able to apply for permanent status? I know that especially in Alberta we are desparate for unskilled and skilled workers and I thought it might be somewhat easier. Just wondering what the chances are? Can anyone shed any light or advice?
Probably close to nil, Visitors can't apply for work permits in Canada. She may qualify for the low skill work permit, but must leave after 24 months.

PMM

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
she can go on a visa for visitors and then she can look for employment opportunities.
however, if u have any other family living in alberta since two years , then she can be sponsored for PR.