+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permit Refused... Too late to Re-apply for September?

May 29, 2019
Regrets,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Is it worth getting the visa officer's letter of refusal? I hear it takes about 30 days to get...but that would be too late.

How best to address these 2 concerns?
I am applying from China. I am admitted to Langara for Accounting diploma starting in September.

Can I re-submit with additional documents but also just a letter to address the refusual reasons? Or should I re-write my SOP to better address those comments?

CIC indicates the response time as 3 weeks for China applicants. If I can get the necesary information by mid July, do you think I still have a shot of getting my permit and visa by end of August?

Last edited:

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Regrets,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Is it worth getting the visa officer's letter of refusal? I hear it takes about 30 days to get...but that would be too late.

I am applying from China. I am admitted to Langara for Accounting diploma starting in September.

Can I re-submit with additional documents but also just a letter to address the refusual reasons? Or should I re-write my SOP to better address those comments?

CIC indicates the response time as 3 weeks for China applicants. If I can get the necesary information by mid July, do you think I still have a shot of getting my permit and visa by end of August?
I can tell you from my own as well as hundreds of other student's experience that the GCMS report is very useful and provide more details about your rejection.

Virud

Jul 3, 2019
Regrets,

Please share your academic profile and ielts

May 29, 2019
I am a 29-year-old female Chinese elementary school teacher in China. My university degree is in Business English. My IELTS is 6.5 average.

I have never traveled outside of China. I applied and got unconditional acceptance to the 2-year Accounting (Diploma) at Vancouver's Langara College beginning September 2019. With this accounting degree, I will return to China to help out my near-retiring parents. This pay would be substantially better than a teacher's income.

I have paid full tuition ($12,000 CAD to Langara) and I have a Scotiabank GIC ($10,100 CAD). I also have 300,000 RMB (Roughly converts to 56k CAD) in my bank and additional funds if required. For financial information, I provided my GIC, proof of tuition paid, the aforementioned bank statement, my current employment letter and salary, my parents' employment letters and salaries, our joint house ownership certificate.

I guess the 2 things that stand out our my age and choosen degree. Any suggestions?