+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Perminent resident visa for spouse and dependents

3bosy87

Dec 12, 2015
Greetings

My spouse had just received an email letter regarding her permanent resident Visa to Canada, and The visa office want her original passport and her dependents passport also. In the middle of the letter in red shows the visa validity. So my question is does that means she is going to receive her visa to enter Canada?... My other question is regarding my dependents who I applied for their proof of citizenship but they were also included in my spouse application as dependents. So my question is will my dependents also receive a visa? or no ? Can anyone please answer my questions?

Thank you

3bosy87

Dec 12, 2015
I don't understand why no one can answer my question. Please let me make my question more clear. First of all i am a Canadian Citizen who sponsored my spouse to come to Canada. Any for our two daughters who are minor children, I provided all their info and documents and added them as dependents with my spouse(wife) application but for the purpose of array i applied for their proof of citizenship. So my daughters can receive their citizenship directly. But two weeks ago my daughters proof of citizenship application got refused because of the their photograph were the wrong specs. Then two days ago my spouse got accepted to enter Canada as she is going to receive her PR visa. The send us an email saying the visa validity date, and they wanted us to send my spouse original passport and my "Dependents"(daughters) passport . We know they want the original passports so they can make the PR visa for my spouse but my question is about my daughters who are considered as minor children and dependents. The question is since they want my dependents(daughters) passport also does that mean they will receive a PR visa too???? or what?.... The tricky thing is they already know i am applying for my dependents(daughters) Citizenship. They know my dependents never went medical check because they got refused.. i am just confused because why else would they request my dependent(daughters) passport and two photographs with my spouse's visa???? i was thinking obviously it was so they can get a visa too because I added them as dependents in my spouse application and i checked Yes in the question will they be accompany the sponsored. The bigger problem is if they dont give my daughter's a visa and only my spouse, then my wife visa might expire and my daughters cannot be left behind and that cannot happen as they are only 2 and 4 years old and need to enter Canada with their spouse(mother). Does anyone have suggestions for me on what The circumstances of my daughter(dependents) is ????

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3bosy87 said:
I don't understand why no one can answer my question. Please let me make my question more clear. First of all i am a Canadian Citizen who sponsored my spouse to come to Canada. Any for our two daughters who are minor children, I provided all their info and documents and added them as dependents with my spouse(wife) application but for the purpose of array i applied for their proof of citizenship. So my daughters can receive their citizenship directly. But two weeks ago my daughters proof of citizenship application got refused because of the their photograph were the wrong specs. Then two days ago my spouse got accepted to enter Canada as she is going to receive her PR visa. The send us an email saying the visa validity date, and they wanted us to send my spouse original passport and my "Dependents"(daughters) passport . We know they want the original passports so they can make the PR visa for my spouse but my question is about my daughters who are considered as minor children and dependents. The question is since they want my dependents(daughters) passport also does that mean they will receive a PR visa too???? or what?.... The tricky thing is they already know i am applying for my dependents(daughters) Citizenship. They know my dependents never went medical check because they got refused.. i am just confused because why else would they request my dependent(daughters) passport and two photographs with my spouse's visa???? i was thinking obviously it was so they can get a visa too because I added them as dependents in my spouse application and i checked Yes in the question will they be accompany the sponsored. The bigger problem is if they dont give my daughter's a visa and only my spouse, then my wife visa might expire and my daughters cannot be left behind and that cannot happen as they are only 2 and 4 years old and need to enter Canada with their spouse(mother). Does anyone have suggestions for me on what The circumstances of my daughter(dependents) is ????
What passport do your daughters have? I'm only assuming it's not Canadian one?
If IRCC is asking for all 3 passports then yes....your wife and 2 kids are getting their passports stamped with the visa to enter Canada (since all 3 have foreign passports). Regardless of your daughter's age, they still need a visa to enter Canada if they are carrying foreign passports.

If your wife only gets her visa and not your kids ( coz they're both Canadian thru you) then you'll have to reprocess their proof of citizenship to get them a canadian passport.

3bosy87

Dec 12, 2015
greetings:

thank you so much for replying back.. Yes that is correct both of my daughters have iraqi passports. I want to mention that IRCC already knows that i was going to be applying for my daughter proof of citizenship as I told them in a letter that i send with my spouse's application. But when they send that letter few days saying they were issuing a PR visa to my spouse, and what got me confused is that in the email it says and i quote their words " You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended."

Then they said i quote "Documents to submit:

Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:

Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport with at least two blank pages in each passport"

In my spouse application in the dependent form IM0008 I added my two daughters, and in the question 11 for both daughter's "will you accompany principal applicant to Canada"? I checked Yes.. So does that have an effect since IRCC knows that my spouse can't leave my daughters behind maybe that could be why they are also giving them a visa? or no?

From what they said in the letter doesn't that mean they want their passports so they can give them a visa also or what??

Looking forward to hearing back from you.. I appreciate it.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3bosy87 said:
greetings:

thank you so much for replying back.. Yes that is correct both of my daughters have iraqi passports. I want to mention that IRCC already knows that i was going to be applying for my daughter proof of citizenship as I told them in a letter that i send with my spouse's application. But when they send that letter few days saying they were issuing a PR visa to my spouse, and what got me confused is that in the email it says and i quote their words " You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended."

Then they said i quote "Documents to submit:

Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:

Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport with at least two blank pages in each passport"

In my spouse application in the dependent form IM0008 I added my two daughters, and in the question 11 for both daughter's "will you accompany principal applicant to Canada"? I checked Yes.. So does that have an effect since IRCC knows that my spouse can't leave my daughters behind maybe that could be why they are also giving them a visa? or no?

From what they said in the letter doesn't that mean they want their passports so they can give them a visa also or what??

Looking forward to hearing back from you.. I appreciate it.
Since both your daughters are holding Iraqi passports then yes,CIC will give them a visa to enter Canada with your wife...that's what they need their passports for. You can reprocess their citizenship certificates when they get here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
stargazerlilly said:
Since both your daughters are holding Iraqi passports then yes,CIC will give them a visa to enter Canada with your wife...that's what they need their passports for. You can reprocess their citizenship certificates when they get here.
Incorrect. The children are Canadian citizens and will not be given visas.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It looks like what you got was a form letter, so when they talk about 'dependents' they are speaking generally. Ordinarily if the children are Canadian citizens (even if they do not yet have their citizenship card) they will not be given visas.
Send in the passports as requested and see what happens. If the children are not given visas, then your wife should come to Canada, land (meaning she uses her PR visa to enter Canada), and then she can go back home to take care of the children until you can get their proof of Canadian citizenship and their Canadian passports.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Incorrect. The children are Canadian citizens and will not be given visas.
Yes,I agree, they are via the father...but both kids are carrying foreign passports and 3bosy87's application for canadian citizenship certificates for both kids were refused due to photo specs. That's probably why CIC asked for all 3 passports.
And like canadianwoman said,mom can land in Canada,get her PR card then go back to take care of their kids while 3bosy87 can again try to reapply for a citizenship cert and eventually passports for their kids.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
stargazerlilly said:
Yes,I agree, they are via the father...but both kids are carrying foreign passports and 3bosy87's application for canadian citizenship certificates for both kids were refused due to photo specs. That's probably why CIC asked for all 3 passports.
And like canadianwoman said,mom can land in Canada,get her PR card then go back to take care of their kids while 3bosy87 can again try to reapply for a citizenship cert and eventually passports for their kids.
They are still Canadian citizens and therefore cannot be issued visas. It doesn't matter if their proof of citizenship applications were returned; IRCC is not going to grant PR documents to Canadian children. The PPR letter was generic and was not referring to the Canadian children. They are not accompanying dependents.