+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident for Religious Worker

Renguski

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Hi Friends,

I want to know the requirements to apply for a Permanent Resident as a Religious worker ( Monk).

What is the requirements ? IELTS score and other details. He has secured IELTS 5.5 score, Is it sufficient to apply for a PR ?

Thanks in Advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Friends,

I want to know the requirements to apply for a Permanent Resident as a Religious worker ( Monk).

What is the requirements ? IELTS score and other details. He has secured IELTS 5.5 score, Is it sufficient to apply for a PR ?

Thanks in Advance
Is the person working in Canada? If not, same as everyone else. Look at Express Entry but IELTS scores makes the person ineligible.

Renguski

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Is the person working in Canada? If not, same as everyone else. Look at Express Entry but IELTS scores makes the person ineligible.
Yes, Monk won't work as they are not supposed to earn/ receive money as per the Monastic code of conduct. But he is doing the religious service as a monk for more than 5 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, Monk won't work as they are not supposed to earn/ receive money as per the Monastic code of conduct. But he is doing the religious service as a monk for more than 5 years.
So he is working in Canada then under LMIA exemption? He still needs to apply through Express Entry if eligible. Has nothing to do with earning but he must meet requirements - education, language, age, work etc. His NOC is skilled.

Renguski

Star Member
May 9, 2013
So he is working in Canada then under LMIA exemption? He still needs to apply through Express Entry if eligible. Has nothing to do with earning but he must meet requirements - education, language, age, work etc. His NOC is skilled.
Thank you and blessings friend for the response.

He has IELTS average 5.5, I would like to know if he is eligible to apply for EE. I think his NOC is Other Religious Occupations (NOC 4217-B).

He has Bachelors degree, all other qualifications which I checked, only concern is the IELTS score for him. Is he eligible to apply with IELTS band 5.5 ?

and any link related to my query would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

He has IELTS average 5.5, I would like to know if he is eligible to apply for EE. I think his NOC is Other Religious Occupations (NOC 4217-B).

He has Bachelors degree, all other qualifications which I checked, only concern is the IELTS score for him. Is he eligible to apply with IELTS band 5.5 ?

Thank you
Does he have paid work experience of at least one full year that's continuous?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thank you
He would need CLB 7 in all bands of IELTS so not eligible. Also he needs ECA for his degree too. Here is the points to see if eligible to submit a profile. Need at least 67 points. This is not to be invited just to see if your friend can submit a profile.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Renguski

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Does he have paid work experience of at least one full year that's continuous?
No, As I mentioned before, Monks are not supposed to earn / receive money with respect to their Monastic code of conduct. But they are doing Religious service for more than 5 years in the country under the religious worker ( WP).

Renguski

Star Member
May 9, 2013
He would need CLB 7 in all bands of IELTS so not eligible. Also he needs ECA for his degree too. Here is the points to see if eligible to submit a profile. Need at least 67 points. This is not to be invited just to see if your friend can submit a profile.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
Thank you, yes we will be applying WES for his eduational qualitifications. Thank you for the link.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, As I mentioned before, Monks are not supposed to earn / receive money with respect to their Monastic code of conduct. But they are doing Religious service for more than 5 years in the country under the religious worker ( WP).
He would no be eligible for EE because it must be paid work experience.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They need to have paid work experience to qualify to apply for immigration. Without paid work experience, I don't think there are any options available. There are certainly no options under Express Entry.

Renguski

Star Member
May 9, 2013
They need to have paid work experience to qualify to apply for immigration. Without paid work experience, I don't think there are any options available. There are certainly no options under Express Entry.
Is there any chance in Manitoba Provincial Nomination or other provinces ? TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there any chance in Manitoba Provincial Nomination or other provinces ? TIA
For Manitoba, what stream without paid employment? Usually Manitoba PNP requires job offer and/or family/friends in Manitoba. Same for other provinces as paid employment is required.