+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident for InternationalStudent of oneyearGraduateCertificateProgram

mgupta

Apr 2, 2008
Hello people,

My apologize if this question has been asked before on this forum but I am really confused and after taking advise from lot of ppl , I am putting question here in hope to get right answer.
Here is my question:

I am asking this question for my younger sister who wants to come here for One Year Graduate Certificate Program called DATABASE APPLICATION DEVELOPER (Software Developer Category) in Toronto, Ontario. we are wondering about her chances of PR after she completes the course.
AS per as CIC rule she will get work permit of one year as she is taking one year course. Now here is my dilemma for PR :

A)) CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:
If we put PR under this class , she needs to have either :
1) Education : Degree as full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years :::
she doesnt have 2 years degree so EDUCATION is not applicable
OR
2) Work Experince: one year of full-time work experience in Canada after graduation (Skilled workers category only NOC) :::
What will happen when her 1 year work permit is finished, in order to continue her employment , her employer needs to file LMO for her or her
work permit can be extended without LMO ?

B)) FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER CLASS :
If we put file under this class then somebody told me she doesnt need to have 2 years degree and after getting a full time job she can right away put file for PR but file will be processed from India (Native country) and only requirement in this class is
"You have to stay in canada for atleast 1 year and you should have full time job letter in your hand"
QUESTION :: HOW TRUE IS THIS? WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN HER WORK PERMIT IS EXPIRED?

C)) PROVISIONAL NOMINNES :
I have no idea about this class for Ontario.

D)) FAMILY CLASS:
I am her sister (in blood relation) and I have PR and going to be citizen soon but I can not sponsor her since she is older than 18 years.

So guys Please Please help me , I am confused about above mentioned categories and not sure in which category we have to put PR file , she needs to get PR aftre she completes the course for sure.

I will really appreciate all of your valuable comments.

Thanks a lot !!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mgupta said:
A)) CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:

CEC is

1) At least 2 years of study + degree in Canada, + 1 year of work experience in a skilled occupation in Canada

OR

2) 2 years of work experience in a skilled occupation in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

What will happen when her 1 year work permit is finished, in order to continue her employment , her employer needs to file LMO for her or her
work permit can be extended without LMO ?

The employer would need to apply for an LMO.

B)) FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER CLASS :
If we put file under this class then somebody told me she doesnt need to have 2 years degree and after getting a full time job she can right away put file for PR but file will be processed from India (Native country) and only requirement in this class is
"You have to stay in canada for atleast 1 year and you should have full time job letter in your hand"
QUESTION :: HOW TRUE IS THIS? WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN HER WORK PERMIT IS EXPIRED?

FSW -

1) At least 1 year of experience in a skilled occupation (anywhere in the world) in one of these 29 occupations:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

2) Offer of permanent employment. If the offer is based on a job already held under a work permit, the work permit (renewable) must be valid all the way through the application process until landing. If the work permit cannot be renewed and expires, then eligibility will also expire.

C)) PROVISIONAL NOMINNES :
I have no idea about this class for Ontario.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm