+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Card Validity

askhan78

Dec 15, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I need kindly advise by all of the members..if someone can please advise.

My Parents were landed in Toronto on 26th February 2016 by having an Immigrant Visa.
After landing in Toronto, they get their PR (Permanent Resident) Card after 3 Months..They lived in Toronto till Eleven (11) Months and on 12th January 2017 they came back to their origin country..i.e. Pakistan.

Can anybody please tell me that after getting PR Card, how long they can stay in Pakistan? I am sure in order to complete their Immigration Process, they must have to come back to Toronto from Pakistan but we really don't know the exact validity of Current PR Card which was issued after three months time after their landing in Toronto for first time.

Please advise me how long they can stay in Pakistan with having PR Card? And when they must have to travel back to Toronto?

Many Thanks for reading this comment and considering our situation.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They can stay outside of Canada for up to three years. So they should return on January 11th 2020 at the absolute latest. However if they remain outside of the country for three years straight, once they return, they will have to remain in Canada for two years without leaving to ensure they can keep their PR status.

The date of their PR card doesn't matter. They have to meet the residency requirement as of the landing date.

Reactions: askhan78

askhan78

Dec 15, 2015
Many Thanks Scylla for your kind advise.
Actually my parents met someone border official at Pakistan Airport and he tell them to must go back after a year.

But i am really thankful to you for your clarification.

God bless you....stay happy and blessed always

They can stay outside of Canada for up to three years. So they should return on January 11th 2020 at the absolute latest. However if they remain outside of the country for three years straight, once they return, they will have to remain in Canada for two years without leaving to ensure they can keep their PR status.

The date of their PR card doesn't matter. They have to meet the residency requirement as of the landing date.

a