+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency

shiniryukgami

May 14, 2020
Hi,
I am currently residing in Alberta but working remotely (6 months) for a company that has been located in Toronto (TEER 1 job).
I just have three questions that need the expertise of the people present in this forum:-
1. Will I be able to apply for Alberta's provincial program since I am working remotely?
2. If not, should I move to the province of the company's location?
3. Additionally, if I cannot apply for the provincial program should I go for the federal and how much more time should I devote before applying for PR?
Thank you in advance for taking out time to clear out my doubts.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am currently residing in Alberta but working remotely (6 months) for a company that has been located in Toronto (TEER 1 job).
I just have three questions that need the expertise of the people present in this forum:-
1. Will I be able to apply for Alberta's provincial program since I am working remotely?
2. If not, should I move to the province of the company's location?
3. Additionally, if I cannot apply for the provincial program should I go for the federal and how much more time should I devote before applying for PR?
Thank you in advance for taking out time to clear out my doubts.
1. Through EE, yes. It will be based on your CRS and whether your NOC is selected. Doesn’t matter if working remotely as your job is not considered as a job offer.
2. Your choice. Do you think your score is high enough for nomination through EE-AINP.
3. What is your CRS score? NOC? If high enough, you will get ITA.

shiniryukgami

May 14, 2020
1. Through EE, yes. It will be based on your CRS and whether your NOC is selected. Doesn’t matter if working remotely as your job is not considered as a job offer.
2. Your choice. Do you think your score is high enough for nomination through EE-AINP.
3. What is your CRS score? NOC? If high enough, you will get ITA.

shiniryukgami

May 14, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
I have a Teer 1 job!! and CRS score is around 450.
But the issue is I read in Alberta EE, they ask for a job from an Alberta employer whereas I work for an employer situated in Toronto and I am working from Alberta remotely.

Last edited: