+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) Received **OUTSIDE CANADA - NO VISA** next steps

Mar 27, 2020
Hi guys,

Abhishek here, brief history regarding my profile
FSW Inland Applicant
ITA - January 23, 2020
AOR - September 3,2020
Medicals Approved- March 14th 2022
COVID happened..

I received the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) mail from IRCC on April 13th 2022 wherein I was asked the below 2 questions as a part of the template (I have given my reply in Bold)
Are you currently inside Canada: No, I am currently in India
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date: July 31st 2022
the expected return date was tentative at best

Once I replied with the template, I received 2 mails
1) Mail containing the PR Portal link (which expires in 30 days) with a User Name and Temporary Password to be used by people currently/physically in Canada.
2) Mail from IRCC stating the below:
"Good day,
Please inform us once you are back to Canada and you will be receiving instructions (via RFV letter) on how to become a permanent resident upon entry to Canada.
Thank you."

Thing is, I had to travel to India due a personal emergency in December 2021
I have an Open Work Permit that expires in September 2nd 2022
I DO NOT have a Visa of any form at the moment that would let me board a flight back.

Could anyone please let me know what my options are if I have to go ahead and get the COPR and subsequently the PR card
Do I need to apply for a TRV from India and get it stamped here (India), if yes, do I need some sort of LOE as to why I need it from India?
Do I need to reply to the mail I received from IRCC and let them know that I do not have a Visa and ask for them to probably facilitate a PPR from an Indian Visa office?

Is there any other option as I am not too sure what needs to be done next.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Abhishek