+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People with Approved COPR can only move to Canada Permanently

Jun 29, 2021
I am seeking an advice regarding travel to Canada. I have approved COPR from Oct 2020 that will expire on 20th Oct 2021, but couldn’t travel due to travel restrictions.

Now Travel restriction are lifted on 21st June 2021 but with a condition that persons with approved COPR can only travel to settle permanently and they can not travel to other country to live even on temporary basis , below is the exact statement ” If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021.
You must also

be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) “
I need an expert advise and possible way forward

According to my current situation and personal circumstances fear I am not able to leave my current place immediate within 3-4 month time.

I can come to Canada but for a short time to apply for PR card and to complete other formalities. This was the usual practice in the recent past before pandemic that people can come to Canada and go back to settle pending matters or complete preparation for a permanent move.

Keeping in mind the above situation, I am seeking the advice regarding ,

1-what to do if we (me and my wife) just want to confirm our CoPR (get PR Card or go to Canada and apply for PR card ) now because due to some circumstance I am unable to move permanently right now.

2- Can we request to allow us to come for validation of our PR only at this time or can we request and extension in our document validity ?

3- Or do we need to request to extension in our documents .

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If it is your intention to come to Canada for a short time and leave, and CBSA/IRCC asks you this and you say that this is your intention, you may not be allowed to enter Canada.

Reactions: foodie69

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
The rules are clear on that. You either come and settle or you don't. Sometimes you have to crack an egg to make an omelet.

Reactions: k.h.p.