+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Peace Bond on PR application

prinmud

Aug 4, 2024
Hi guys,
I have a question recently regarding criminal charges and peace bond
I recently got involved in spouse assault and got a criminal charge for it. Recently a peace bond has been agreed on to resolve the case, it is supposed to be signed in early October.
I received an ITA under EE, I am wondering if I should start the PR application now, with an letter of explaination to explain the case and update the peace bond and related court documents to IRCC when they are available. I am wondering if anyone has information/ knowledge regarding to this situation, any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I have a question recently regarding criminal charges and peace bond
I recently got involved in spouse assault and got a criminal charge for it. Recently a peace bond has been agreed on to resolve the case, it is supposed to be signed in early October.
I received an ITA under EE, I am wondering if I should start the PR application now, with an letter of explaination to explain the case and update the peace bond and related court documents to IRCC when they are available. I am wondering if anyone has information/ knowledge regarding to this situation, any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
No point applying with an active criminal case. Are all the charges being dropped then?