+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hi Guys, Do I need to get PCC for a country where I stayed for almost 16 months in total during 2 years period but never stayed more than 5 months in a row, as I used to go back to home on semester break.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Guys, Do I need to get PCC for a country where I stayed for almost 16 months in total during 2 years period but never stayed more than 5 months in a row, as I used to go back to home on semester break.
Why you are looking for one ? I mean to apply for Study permit ? Citizenship ?

Normal answer is yes in you case

Example 1
you took one (1) trip to France that lasted 200 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France.
Example 2
you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from the USA.

Good Luck

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Yes that is your country of residence and u have to provide PCC from that country.

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Why you are looking for one ? I mean to apply for Study permit ? Citizenship ?

Normal answer is yes in you case

Example 1
you took one (1) trip to France that lasted 200 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France.
Example 2
you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from the USA.

Good Luck
I am applying for FSW express entry, I did my education in India. As my country and India has an open border and we don't need a visa or any travel authorization to visit one another country. Each of my semesters was of 4 months duration and I used to have 2 months break, so during those periods I used to go back to my home country. As per CIC, we need to submit PCC from any country we have lived for more than 6 months period in a row.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am applying for FSW express entry, I did my education in India. As my country and India has an open border and we don't need a visa or any travel authorization to visit one another country. Each of my semesters was of 4 months duration and I used to have 2 months break, so during those periods I used to go back to my home country. As per CIC, we need to submit PCC from any country we have lived for more than 6 months period in a row.
It is cumulative and not in a row. You will need PCC.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Those are the old requirements.
My wife had similar case where she stayed in a country for 4 months then came back to her country for 2 months and then went back for less than 6 months to complete her studies. When we finished application in the list of documents PCC for the country was asked. Hence, I'm telling from personal experience that in the case described by OP he will be asked for PCC.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife had similar case where she stayed in a country for 4 months then came back to her country for 2 months and then went back for less than 6 months to complete her studies. When we finished application in the list of documents PCC for the country was asked. Hence, I'm telling from personal experience that in the case described by OP he will be asked for PCC.
And I am telling based on IRCC's website that it is not cumulative.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
And I am telling based on IRCC's website that it is not cumulative.
Well when IRCC created a field for me to submit a PCC, I don't think I could have just uploaded a pdf document with saying your website doesn't say cumulative. Neither I think OP will be able to do that. I just shared with OP based on my first hand experience in a similar situation that a PCC may be asked. It is much better to obtain a PCC and then not attach it if not asked rather than running for a PCC once IRCC asks for it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

This is for OP.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
"You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

This is for OP.
This is from the same link and this is for OP.

Example C: Several short stays in another country
Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

OP can decide if he wants to avoid delays or not.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He can do whatever he thinks is best, your statement that it is cumulative is an incorrect statement.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
He can do whatever he thinks is best, your statement that it is cumulative is an incorrect statement.
My statement was based on personal experience. And hence incorrect for you. But I said what happened given what he described in his situation. So you can keep blowing your trumpet here but I was trying to help him and save his time.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And I am trying to help not only him but others who read this thread and read "it is cumulative and not in a row". I appreciate the personal experience, your very first post not so much.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
And I am trying to help not only him but others who read this thread and read "it is cumulative and not in a row". I appreciate the personal experience, your very first post not so much.
Ok in that spirit please also let people know that in case of multiple short visits IRCC itself suggests to have PCC ready to "avoid delays". I bet everyone would like to avoid delay and have PCC. A rule which has a caveat of potential delay ... a simple "No PCC needed" advice is not much use.