+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC requirements

VipulP.

Aug 31, 2023
Hi, I have a question regarding PCC validity. I am applying for PR with my spouse and have received ITA under the CEC category recently. I did my Indian PCC for PR in 2021 (to apply under TR to PR) Since then I have not visited India. Also, I got my wife's PCC in 2022( for her spousal work permit application) and after receiving her PCC she left India in one month and since then she has been here in Canada with me. My questions are:

1. Should I have to go for a new PCC application for myself?
2. Should my wife have to apply for a new PCC?
3. As her PCC has a reason mentioned as "for a Resident permit", can I use this PCC for her PR file?
4. Is it OK if I use these PCCs to submit my PR application now and when I get my wife's new PCC, I will submit it through web form?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
1) Yes you most definitely need a new PCC, yours expired over 2yrs ago
2) PCC is valid for 12 months, if it is over 1yr at the time the application is submitted then she needs a new one.
3) I don't know what that means on the Indian PCC, but if it is expired you can not use it.
4) No, the PCC must be valid and in existence at the time of your application. You will risk them rejecting the whole application because the 2 PCC are invalid.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I have a question regarding PCC validity. I am applying for PR with my spouse and have received ITA under the CEC category recently. I did my Indian PCC for PR in 2021 (to apply under TR to PR) Since then I have not visited India. Also, I got my wife's PCC in 2022( for her spousal work permit application) and after receiving her PCC she left India in one month and since then she has been here in Canada with me. My questions are:

1. Should I have to go for a new PCC application for myself?
2. Should my wife have to apply for a new PCC?
3. As her PCC has a reason mentioned as "for a Resident permit", can I use this PCC for her PR file?
4. Is it OK if I use these PCCs to submit my PR application now and when I get my wife's new PCC, I will submit it through web form?
If PCC is from India, it’s still valid. I confirmed this with BLS . For other countries, you need PCC again.