+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC question

cake123

Aug 23, 2015
Hi everyone, I got AOR and have submitted all the docoments last Aug, but recently I need go back to my home country for couple weeks , just wonder do I need to get a new PCC paper in my home country before I leave ? since my the last visit date of my home country will be changed?
Tx a lot

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cake123 said:
Hi everyone, I got AOR and have submitted all the docoments last Aug, but recently I need go back to my home country for couple weeks , just wonder do I need to get a new PCC paper in my home country before I leave ? since my the last visit date of my home country will be changed?
Tx a lot
You will need a new PCC only if you reside during this travel for more than 6 months. A short visit does not require one.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
It really depends upon how long you would stay in your home country ? is this a short visit or stay longer than 6 months ?

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
No, if your stay is shorter doesnt need one.

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI, my PR application was rejected this morning because of my spouse's PCC issue.

Some background: She left her home country on September, 2010 and came to Canada for study and stayed till now, went back for some vacations 3 times but none of them lasts more than even a month.

The reason for her rejection is:

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
o The Police certificate for your spouse, XXXXX, from XXXX was issued prior to
their last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 12 January 2016
and covered the period from 8 March 1993 to 23 March 2010. Their last residence in
this country was 8 August 2012 to 9 September 2012 as entered on the address history.

I thought as long as the issue date of PCC is no later than the last residence in the country(we went back last christmas for 2 weeks), even if u don't stay there for long enough (more than 6 month, or adding up together to be 6 months) it is fine. But turned out to be not the case.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallcoffee2milk said:
FYI, my PR application was rejected this morning because of my spouse's PCC issue.

Some background: She left her home country on September, 2010 and came to Canada for study and stayed till now, went back for some vacations 3 times but none of them lasts more than even a month.

their last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 12 January 2016
and covered the period from 8 March 1993 to 23 March 2010. Their last residence in
this country was 8 August 2012 to 9 September 2012 as entered on the address history.

I thought as long as the issue date of PCC is no later than the last residence in the country(we went back last christmas for 2 weeks), even if u don't stay there for long enough (more than 6 month, or adding up together to be 6 months) it is fine. But turned out to be not the case.
Sorry about your refusal.

The reason appears to be that your spouse's PCC was time-bound. If it were open ended, this could've been avoided. Which country was this PCC for?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cake123 said:
Tx a lot
Any travels after AOR don't matter to IRCC. Nothing required.

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Sorry about your refusal.

The reason appears to be that your spouse's PCC was time-bound. If it were open ended, this could've been avoided. Which country was this PCC for?
I thought about the same thing, the guy from the police department said she had too many small travels and it is complicated to certificate for each so they just put it till the first day she came to Canada. The PCC is from China btw.

doravmon

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
smallcoffee2milk said:

I was reject by the same reason...... a small gap......now need to get a new one...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallcoffee2milk said:
I thought about the same thing, the guy from the police department said she had too many small travels and it is complicated to certificate for each so they just put it till the first day she came to Canada. The PCC is from China btw.
That's the problem. Try and get a generic PCC which doesn't have start and end dates, if possible. Else, write an LOE about Chinese authorities refusing to grant such PCC and request IRCC to understand (unlikely to work though).