PCC Question - Australia

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Hello,

I am unable to understand what all documents I need to provide for my Australia PCC as I have spent over 6 months there. If anyone who has went through this or knows more on this make a suggestion.

So, the CIC website says the following -
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

Name of document(s) to get:
•Australian National Police Certificate – Standard Disclosure – name check only (issued by the Australian Federal Police)
•Traffic History (for residents of Queensland only)
•Full Licence History Search (for residents of Victoria only)

So, Do I need to get all these documents as I have resided both in Queensland and Victoria even though I never owned an Australian license. Also, I never owned a vehicle back in Victoria.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Yes u need to get the police certificate from Australia federal polic and a complete driving history check . If u never owned a licence u will need a document from Vic roads stating that u never had a licence .

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Baljas said:
Yes u need to get the police certificate from Australia federal polic and a complete driving history check . If u never owned a licence u will need a document from Vic roads stating that u never had a licence .
Thanks for your response. I just went through there website and I couldn't find any information on if they provided any such document. So, I just wrote them an email. Hopefully I can get a response.
Now, I need to write to Queensland.

sb23

Nov 18, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2016
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Thanks for your response. I just went through there website and I couldn't find any information on if they provided any such document. So, I just wrote them an email. Hopefully I can get a response.
Now, I need to write to Queensland.
Federal police check:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks

QLD traffic history:

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/applyformytraffichistory/public/Welcome.xhtml?windowId=b6e

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Hello,

I am unable to understand what all documents I need to provide for my Australia PCC as I have spent over 6 months there. If anyone who has went through this or knows more on this make a suggestion.

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

•Australian National Police Certificate – Standard Disclosure – name check only (issued by the Australian Federal Police)

So, Do I need to get all these documents as I have resided both in Queensland and Victoria even though I never owned an Australian license. Also, I never owned a vehicle back in Victoria.
You can apply for Australian federal police certificate through their website.Its an online procedure and will cost you around AU$ 43. You will have to provide you passport copy, Indian residential proofs, australian bank card copy if you have or similar proofs. (every such document carries some points. Overall you need to complete 100 points. More information here regarding 100 points document check list
https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/static/images/afp/100_point_checklist.pdf )

For Vicroads full licence history report either you will have to go to the nearest Vicroads office (if you are still in Australia) or you will have to call their customer care at +61-383913216. I got my licence history report by ordering it on phone while I was in India. They sent it in a week's time and the same was delivered to to my Indian address in about 15 days. They will ask for your credit card number, which you will have to disclose. About AU$ 10 will be deducted for the same.

However, if you never held any licence, They will take you name, Australian address, Passport number will probably send you a paper stating that "you never held any vicroads driving licence" or may be they will send you the same through an email.

I got no information regarding Queensland traffic history report. Sorry for that.

Regards

Reactions: nothingtt28

epb989

Oct 12, 2015
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Hello,

I just applied for the same yesterday. But I was residing in NSW and it requires only Name check. For Queensland and Victoria, PCC would contain details of any Traffic prosecutions.

The id proofs I submitted were Current passport, bank statement and Account card.They require at least 100 points documents. It is mandatory that one of the id proofs you submit has to be a 'primary document'. See link by rollingpunjab

Its a simple online application costing you 42$ as mentioned by a fellow member.

Points to remember
a.) Make sure you select 'code 35 ' from drop down where it asks for reason for PCC , while submitting the form.
b.) A consent form needs to be printed out, signed, scanned and then uploaded during the application. The consent form is different for online and offlne application (Do not download this unless you are not prompted to)

After payment is done , an acknowledgement is sent to your mail id.

I still haven't received the report.Will update thread once I do

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epb989 said:
For Queensland and Victoria, PCC would contain details of any Traffic prosecutions.
That's not correct.

It's the precise reason why one needs to supply separate driving history reports, because those offenses are not included in the PCC for VIC and Qld.

OP must get a letter from both Vicroads and Transport and Motoring Qld stating that he never held a license in either state.

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Thanks everyone who took time to reply and explain in such details...

I have got my PCC. AFP is surprisingly quick with that.

I have wrote to Vic road to provide me a document stating that I never owned license.

But I still have a question -

I did own a car in QLD but never had an Australian license.
I got my traffic history straightaway.
But does this mean I also need a document stating that I never owned a license?

Any response would be much appreciated

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Thanks everyone who took time to reply and explain in such details...

I have got my PCC. AFP is surprisingly quick with that.

I have wrote to Vic road to provide me a document stating that I never owned license.

But I still have a question -

I did own a car in QLD but never had an Australian license.
I got my traffic history straightaway.
But does this mean I also need a document stating that I never owned a license?

Any response would be much appreciated
How did you get your traffic history when you didn't have a license? I'm unsure about Qld, but in Vic the traffic history is associated with the Victorian license number...

To be safe, I'd get that document stating you never had a Qld license.

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Dexmoody said:
How did you get your traffic history when you didn't have a license? I'm unsure about Qld, but in Vic the traffic history is associated with the Victorian license number...

To be safe, I'd get that document stating you never had a Qld license.
I don't remember exactly. All that I remember is the customer service representative was on the phone with me all this while I was trying to generate the traffic history.
I think I used some special code for it. this code I received online but the customer service representative from QLD filled the form. So, can't say for sure.
I didn't have license as I didn't need one in QLD as I was on temporary visa besides my Indian license is in English ( that is the main requirement if I am correct). My car registration was required to get the code though...

Yes, you are correct. I am better off getting another document stating that I never had a QLD license. Its only $ 21 more or maybe even free. I have to call them again to be certain.

Sparkles

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, just wanted to confirm in the proof of identity documents,
bank statement/ utility bill telephone would be my current Indian documents and not the previous Australian ones right?

thanks

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Sparkles said:
hi guys, just wanted to confirm in the proof of identity documents,
bank statement/ utility bill telephone would be my current Indian documents and not the previous Australian ones right?

thanks
I had sent them my Australian documents. I didn't have any problems with that.

Sparkles

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Mallika,

that`s good! and did you finally write to QLD transport, if yes on which email address?

I am going to initiate the process now, so just wanted feedback!

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Sparkles said:
Thanks Mallika,

that`s good! and did you finally write to QLD transport, if yes on which email address?

I am going to initiate the process now, so just wanted feedback!
Hi Sparkles,

With QLD transport department my case is a bit different as I did own a vehicle their but license was Indian. So, I did mange to get traffic history but I have also asked them for a document stating that I never owned a QLD license. ( this is not mentioned on CIC website, bt I didn't want to take chances) . So QLD department sent me an email regarding some documents that I had to send them ( not by email, only by post ) along with a bank draft of $21. I sent all this around 2 weeks ago. I am yet to hear from them...

Sparkles

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay cool...let me know how it goes...i did drive but a rented one with an Indian license..for traffic history did they email you or you had some sort of an application...and again any specific email address you wrote to them on? can you pl share..

Merci!