+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC, Non express entry,

Nilan84

Feb 15, 2024
Hello
Need an urgent suggestion!
Writing in a brief...
My work permit expired on 23rd of November but whose work permit was expiring in 2023, they could apply for 18 months extension as ircc announced. So I had applied for work permit extension for me and my wife. In February, 2024 I got my work permit extension till August 2025 but my wife work permit extension for refused because we forgot to attach $100 paid fees receipt for spousal open work permit. So, we have restore her status and applied for her work permit again. So currently, she is out of status, she can stay in Canada until we get the result. Meanwhile, my OINP ( in demand skills) got approved and I'm eligible for non express entry. Now the concern is, I have to apply within 6 months after OINP approval, for that I have got my PCC but I can't get PCC for my wife as she is out of status. Moreover, I can't show in my non express entry profile that she is accompanied as she is out of status and she can't get visitor or study visa.
My parents are here on visitor visa since a week and she doesn't have anyone in India.
Now I'm dilemma that what are my options? I have a month left as OINP expiring so I have to apply for non express entry.
Your experience and expertise can help me. Please advise me the best option that she can stay in Canada and my non express entry file not get any complications.
Thank in advance
Regards
Nilan

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
You should hire an immigration representative (lawyer) as soon as possible, they can help you out of any situations. Best of wishes and I hope you can solve your situation soon.
Please advise me the best option that she can stay in Canada and my non express entry file not get any complications.
My opinion: Since you mentioned you are in the process of restoring her status, and according to Restoration of temporary resident status IRCC Website she is required to reside in Canada until a decision has been made, I think you can mention that in your Client Information.

Nilan84

Feb 15, 2024
They put me in dilemma.
I have contacted few ircc lawyers.
Some of them saying I can't apply for her PCC and if I apply for my non express entry then it will be more complications so the best option is to tell her to go back home and apply for spousal work permit again from there.
Couple of lawyers are saying you are good to apply for PCC as she is on restoration until decision is made. By that time you can apply for non express entry as well.
So I'm confused about whom to listen and pay for consultation because at the end it's all business