+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC India help

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hello all.

My query is that, i have submitted my passport details with name and address before marriage in the EE profile. My passport was issued 8 years ago.

Now I need to apply for India PCC, which is asking for Present address (different address now). I read that PCC rejects applications of people whose address has changed and passport older than 6 months. Also they are asking for new passport.

Can some one please highlight if this is correct. If so, any consequences in change of passport in EE profile later ? I am awaiting ITA.

Second query is that, I have spent 8 months total in USA in last 10 years , but not more than 3 months at a stretch. Canada PCC guidance says that i am not required to submit PCC of that country since its less than 6 months in a row, however, I "may" be asked to submit, so it is better to get it and keep. On thier website this is written. Can some one guide me on this.

Thank you,
Shweta.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello all.

My query is that, i have submitted my passport details with name and address before marriage in the EE profile. My passport was issued 8 years ago.

Now I need to apply for India PCC, which is asking for Present address (different address now). I read that PCC rejects applications of people whose address has changed and passport older than 6 months. Also they are asking for new passport.

Can some one please highlight if this is correct. If so, any consequences in change of passport in EE profile later ? I am awaiting ITA.

Second query is that, I have spent 8 months total in USA in last 10 years , but not more than 3 months at a stretch. Canada PCC guidance says that i am not required to submit PCC of that country since its less than 6 months in a row, however, I "may" be asked to submit, so it is better to get it and keep. On thier website this is written. Can some one guide me on this.

Thank you,
Shweta.
Your first part of question is unclear. Who rejects PCC application if passport is older than 6 months?? What do you mean?

There is no requirement of present address to be same as address in passport to issue PCC. Ask your question clearly. Are you applying for pcc in India.

On second part yes they suggest apply for pcc but I think it depends on how did you spend your 8 months in USA. If your trips to USA were staggered in many years they May not ask for pcc but lets say your 8 months were within a year but not 6 months at a stretch they May ask for pcc

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Your first part of question is unclear. Who rejects PCC application if passport is older than 6 months?? What do you mean?

There is no requirement of present address to be same as address in passport to issue PCC. Ask your question clearly. Are you applying for pcc in India.

On second part yes they suggest apply for pcc but I think it depends on how did you spend your 8 months in USA. If your trips to USA were staggered in many years they May not ask for pcc but lets say your 8 months were within a year but not 6 months at a stretch they May ask for pcc
Sorry if i sound confused. I read that India Passport Seva, who issues PCC, did not issue PCC - Reason passport is older than 6 months, address has changed, in case of marriage. They asked the lady to apply for a new passport with the martial home address and then apply for PCC.
In my case, I am going to apply for India PCC. I have 8 year old passport, my present address is different than the address mentioned in the passport. So wanted to check if ill have to go through the procedure of New Passport.

I stayed in USA staggered so i guess ill just leave it for now.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sorry if i sound confused. I read that India Passport Seva, who issues PCC, did not issue PCC - Reason passport is older than 6 months, address has changed, in case of marriage. They asked the lady to apply for a new passport with the martial home address and then apply for PCC.
In my case, I am going to apply for India PCC. I have 8 year old passport, my present address is different than the address mentioned in the passport. So wanted to check if ill have to go through the procedure of New Passport.

I stayed in USA staggered so i guess ill just leave it for now.
Its possible a stupid officer did that. I don’t think it is an official requirement. It is possible that the officer told the lady that because the lady had changed the name post marriage. If you still have same name after marriage then I don’t think there should be any issue. You can just go to passport seva Kendra and apply for pcc. If your name has not changed after marriage it shouldn’t matter. If you changed your name after marriage but the passport has the old name then May be you should update the passport.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Request if you could help me with one more matter related to this. I got ITA and now in process of completing the form.

I stayed in USA for 3 months on a business trip and once for a month on a vacation. These are not my addresses per stay.. so i dont need to mention them in my Address History, correct ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Request if you could help me with one more matter related to this. I got ITA and now in process of completing the form.

I stayed in USA for 3 months on a business trip and once for a month on a vacation. These are not my addresses per stay.. so i dont need to mention them in my Address History, correct ?
You can show them as part of travel history. No need to show it as part of address history.

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Dear All,

Require your help on urgent basis.

I am living presently in X city of Gujarat State in India and my homwtowh is Y city of Gujarat State in India.

I am going to apply in Canada PR and in Background check form they are asking personal history and last 10 year Residence history.

Shall I take PCC from my hometown PSK as my passport is on hometown address and I don't have any residence proof of my current city address?

And if I will take PCC from hometown PSK then can it will create any problem in my PR application as I mentioned different city as a current residence city?

Please help and guide urgently.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
i think when u are filing up the form for PCC, they will ask for all the address information in which you need to enter the correct current address and permanent address can be same as ur hometown address. Ultimately, PCC needs police verification. So if they will need proof of current address for this case, they will ask you. In single PCC application, you will submit both address. So there is no concept of which place i should take it from.

In my case, my current address is after marraige home, and permanent is my parents home, i mentioned both and it was just fine. The final PCC letter granted by officer, does not mention any address, just the name.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello
@Shweta_Desai @cansha
Can you guys please guide about the issuance of PCC document from PSK?

I’m reading different views here like some people get PCC on the same day without police verification like Shweta has got while some are asked to wait for PV. Why’s that?

Is there some specific requirement for PCC being issued on the same date?? Quite confusing for me.

My and my wife’s passports are about one year and eight months old. Address is same as mentioned on our passports. Actually our address has never changed.

Can we get our PCC the same date or not?

Please guide.....

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello
@Shweta_Desai @cansha
Can you guys please guide about the issuance of PCC document from PSK?

I’m reading different views here like some people get PCC on the same day without police verification like Shweta has got while some are asked to wait for PV. Why’s that?

Is there some specific requirement for PCC being issued on the same date?? Quite confusing for me.

My and my wife’s passports are about one year and eight months old. Address is same as mentioned on our passports. Actually our address has never changed.

Can we get our PCC the same date or not?

Please guide.....
I can’t tell you whether you will get same day or not. I was told that they look up the pcc information in “system” and if its there they will issue it immediately. My guess is when your police verification is done the police is supposed to update the information in a central system which any of the PSK can lookup. My guess is sometimes the information may not be updated and hence they will ask for verification again. But why do you want to know the answer here? Why not go to PSK and apply? If its there you will get it in one day and if not you’ll have to wait. There is no way of circumventing the process.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I can’t tell you whether you will get same day or not. I was told that they look up the pcc information in “system” and if its there they will issue it immediately. My guess is when your police verification is done the police is supposed to update the information in a central system which any of the PSK can lookup. My guess is sometimes the information may not be updated and hence they will ask for verification again. But why do you want to know the answer here? Why not go to PSK and apply? If its there you will get it in one day and if not you’ll have to wait. There is no way of circumventing the process.
Okay thanks,

People discuss here only to find answers to their questions, I believe. However I thought there might be some specific requirement, that’s why I asked.
Also my birthday is coming in early December and I want to get AOR before that as the other day we were discussing that points can decrease even after ITA which, though can’t cause rejection, can cause some kind of a delay. And PCC is the only thing that can hold me back. That’s why I became curious if I can get PCC the same day or not.

Anyhow, thanks for answering.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
There is no real answer for knowing if you get it on same day or not. I was not expecting it but received it and I feel just lucky. My husband had brand new one month old passport but still went through PV. It got cleared but time duration is longer in this process. So its entirely dependent on case to case and the officer in charge. Good luck to you.

Reactions: g90

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Okay thanks,

People discuss here only to find answers to their questions, I believe. However I thought there might be some specific requirement, that’s why I asked.
Also my birthday is coming in early December and I want to get AOR before that as the other day we were discussing that points can decrease even after ITA which, though can’t cause rejection, can cause some kind of a delay. And PCC is the only thing that can hold me back. That’s why I became curious if I can get PCC the same day or not.

Anyhow, thanks for answering.
Ah okay. See if you’re applying in India it shouldn’t matter. Even if you don’t get it same day you can still get it in one week. As you’re physically there and can do follow ups with local police station. So there is nothing to worry. You will be able to submit your application before December for sure. It would be more complicated in case you’re applying in a consulate and they refer yor case back to India.

Reactions: g90