+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from PSK (India) - different address please help!

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Dear all,

My permanent address is Patna and passport also. My family still lives there. But I'm currently residing in Bombay as am working here.

I've heard that it will take 3 weeks for police verification if address is different from passport. Now since I'm single and I won't be available at home when the police authorities visit my current residential premises:

1. Should I apply in Patna PSK for PCC and fly there on the day of appointment?

Please provide your valuable advise if this will be a concern since my current adress is Bombay.

Thank you!

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Dear al
Dear all,

My permanent address is Patna and passport also. My family still lives there. But I'm currently residing in Bombay as am working here.

I've heard that it will take 3 weeks for police verification if address is different from passport. Now since I'm single and I won't be available at home when the police authorities visit my current residential premises:

Please provide your valuable advise if this will be a concern since my current adress is Bombay.

Thank you!
dear all

Please help me with above query.

Reactions: Sunny Arora

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Dear al

dear all

Please help me with above query.

Well if you have time, apply from Bombay PSK. Otherwise you can fly down to your home town... usually applying from PSK falling under your permanent address gets the things done within 2-3 days.

You can also check from Bombay PSK about the time they require to complete the PCC in your case...

Neha Vikas

Feb 27, 2017
Dear all,

Thank you!
Hey,

You will anyways have to fly from Bombay to patna for document verification no matter where u apply.Yes, it depends it will take time at least 2 weeks, if address is different.

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
T
Hey,

You will anyways have to fly from Bombay to patna for document verification no matter where u apply.Yes, it depends it will take time at least 2 weeks, if address is different.
thanks

1. Can my candidature be rejected if I apply from my hometown (Patna) as I have been living in Mumbai for work purpose? Does CIC requires pcc needs mandatorily from the current city.

2. I've read that pcc happens the same day if address same as passport. My police verification was done 3 years back at the time of passport renewal from Patna. So will I get pcc done the same day?

Please help!!

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
AOR Received.
Waiting
T

thanks

1. Can my candidature be rejected if I apply from my hometown (Patna) as I have been living in Mumbai for work purpose? Does CIC requires pcc needs mandatorily from the current city.

2. I've read that pcc happens the same day if address same as passport. My police verification was done 3 years back at the time of passport renewal from Patna. So will I get pcc done the same day?

Please help!!
me too in the same situations as your's.....got any update on the same...please post it. Any seniors help on this matter...please help help......

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
T

thanks

Please help!!

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

Neha Vikas

Feb 27, 2017
T

thanks

Please help!!

Hi,

I am not sure about point 1.

Please check info for point 2

READ BELOW INFO:( got this from some other post )

"
Will there be police verification (PV)?

I do not guarantee anything in this part since it’s solely up to the officers’ discretion. What I am saying is based on the information I got from the officer who issued my PCC.

If your first passport was issued in 2000 after proper PV and you apply PCC in 2006 from the same address as in passport, then you get the PCC on the same day of appointment without any PV.

If your first passport was issued in 2000 and you renewed it in 2010 with the same address, then applying PCC any time until 2013 will not have PV and you get the PCC on same day. However, if you apply for PCC after 2013, there will be a PV even if you have been staying in the same address since 2000. Basically, your first PV was done in 2000 and for 13 years there wont be any PV for taking PCC. But to get a PCC after 13 years, there needs to be a fresh police verification in your address.

If the address in your passport is different from your current address, police verification will be done.

In any case if there is a PV, it depends whether you have to wait for the police to come to your address or the PSK verifies your criminal records in your police station online. In the latter case, you get the PCC on the same day. Otherwise you have to wait a few days."

Last edited:
Reactions: jackdawn

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
If your passport was issued at Patna, so your last police verification was also done there. So, now if you can apply at Patna for PCC and provide proof of residence at Patna then it will be done in 2-3 days for you. They'll not do a re-police check for you.

But if you apply at Mumbai or apply at Patna and give your current address as Mumbai, re-police verification will be done which takes 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: marketstudent1

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
If your passport was issued at Patna, so your last police verification was also done there. So, now if you can apply at Patna for PCC and provide proof of residence at Patna then it will be done in 2-3 days for you. They'll not do a re-police check for you.

But if you apply at Mumbai or apply at Patna and give your current address as Mumbai, re-police verification will be done which takes 2-3 weeks.
Thank You...just wondering why not same day...why will they do 2-3 days, in that case.

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Hi..I am stuck in almost a similar situation...My passport was about to expire and i got it renewed recently, but with my hometown address in Punjab...However, i have been working in pune/delhi from the last 8-9 years.The good part was i successfully got my passport renewed with police verification on my permanent address...now , the question is i am working and staying presently in delhi...and i should get PCC for delhi address?? if yes then how,,,if i get it done from passport website,..then i will need to change my passport address again to delhi address ??? OR shall i go for police verification directly from delhi police office...Moreover, will it not cause an issue for immigration check/other pcc verification... since passport states my old address(even when renewed on july2017)...Any help would be appreciated

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi..I am stuck in almost a similar situation...My passport was about to expire and i got it renewed recently, but with my hometown address in Punjab...However, i have been working in pune/delhi from the last 8-9 years.The good part was i successfully got my passport renewed with police verification on my permanent address...now , the question is i am working and staying presently in delhi...and i should get PCC for delhi address?? if yes then how,,,if i get it done from passport website,..then i will need to change my passport address again to delhi address ??? OR shall i go for police verification directly from delhi police office...Moreover, will it not cause an issue for immigration check/other pcc verification... since passport states my old address(even when renewed on july2017)...Any help would be appreciated
If you have recently renewed your passport (within last 6 months), just visit the same PSK where you got the passport, and you will get the PCC on the same day, as your police verification is already done a few months back. It will hardly take 1-2 hours.

Reactions: larack

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
If you have recently renewed your passport (within last 6 months), just visit the same PSK where you got the passport, and you will get the PCC on the same day, as your police verification is already done a few months back. It will hardly take 1-2 hours.
My worry is different......i may go with this option of getting pcc on my permanent address (where i donot live from last 8-9 years), but want to crosscheck that will it not cause an issue further on stating 10 years addresses in EE profile or ITA information to be filled..since i am working in delhi/pune..but my address on passport states my native address and that too considering renewal in this year 2017. If this is not an issue,..,then ur answer helps...kindly suggest.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
My worry is different......i may go with this option of getting pcc on my permanent address (where i donot live from last 8-9 years), but want to crosscheck that will it not cause an issue further on stating 10 years addresses in EE profile or ITA information to be filled..since i am working in delhi/pune..but my address on passport states my native address and that too considering renewal in this year 2017. If this is not an issue,..,then ur answer helps...kindly suggest.
No issues with that. I personally know a few people who live in a different city and got the PCC from the PSK with their permanent address in other state, and were approved.

Reactions: akhilmahajan5

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Hi Maverick..can you plz clarify one more thing...if i plan to get PCC on my permanent hometown address(Punjab) as on passport...what should i show as my present address in express entry profile--Delhi (rental) where i live or Punjab (permanent) although i work in Delhi.. Also i don't have any proof of my current address