16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
AOR Received.
Waiting
Dear all seniors,

I have to apply for PCC from India, but my passport bears the permanent address in Kerala & presently am staying in Bangalore ,India. Will be there any issue if I apply for the PCC from my home town PSK Trivandrum,Kerala or will i want to apply from the PSK where am presently residing.

Please put any suggestions... :( :( :'(

James... :'( :'( :'(

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your current residential address is different than the address in passport, then it will trigger a police enquiry with the associated delays etc.
Other than that you should be able to apply anywhere.
best of luck!

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
AOR Received.
Waiting
Thanks Nerd,

So I think it's better to apply from my home town PSK & recently only I renewed my passport by adding the spouse details & no police verification was there & got the passport in a week's time.

James.

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
james_tvm said:
Thanks Nerd,

So I think it's better to apply from my home town PSK & recently only I renewed my passport by adding the spouse details & no police verification was there & got the passport in a week's time.

James.
while this will work for the PCC, you must be aware that once you get ITA, you will have to declare your last 10 years' address history (among other info).
make sure your declared address history does not contradict the passport address/PCC etc.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
AOR Received.
Waiting
nerd said:
while this will work for the PCC, you must be aware that once you get ITA, you will have to declare your last 10 years' address history (among other info).
make sure your declared address history does not contradict the passport address/PCC etc.
Thanks for the reply...But PCC will not be showing any address right, please correct me if am wrong..

On ur opinion please suggest me from where it's better to take the PCC. I am totally confused.

James.

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
james_tvm said:
Thanks for the reply...But PCC will not be showing any address right, please correct me if am wrong..

On ur opinion please suggest me from where it's better to take the PCC. I am totally confused.

James.
The PCC does not have your address on it, but the PCC does have the city/address of the issuing PSK.
So if you submit PCC issued by a PSK in Kerala (for example) while later in your eAPR for the 10 year address history you show your address as Bangalore (on the date the PCC was issued from a PSK 1000Kms away in Kerala) might be an issue.
Maybe I am being overcautious (more experienced people can comment), but it is safer to get PCC from Bangalore.
My 2 cents.
nerd.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
nerd said:
The PCC does not have your address on it, but the PCC does have the city/address of the issuing PSK.
So if you submit PCC issued by a PSK in Kerala (for example) while later in your eAPR for the 10 year address history you show your address as Bangalore (on the date the PCC was issued from a PSK 1000Kms away in Kerala) might be an issue.
Maybe I am being overcautious (more experienced people can comment), but it is safer to get PCC from Bangalore.
My 2 cents.
nerd.

IMO it should not matter. You can live in multiple states and get PCC from anywhere as long as it is from PSK. They do their verification before issuing the document and officially it is a letter issued by the Ministry of External Affairs. So does not matter if its from Kerala or Karnataka.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
AOR Received.
Waiting
Maverick28 said:
IMO it should not matter. You can live in multiple states and get PCC from anywhere as long as it is from PSK. They do their verification before issuing the document and officially it is a letter issued by the Ministry of External Affairs. So does not matter if its from Kerala or Karnataka.
Thanks Maverick28 8)Really cleared my doubts finally...was in real confusion whether to get from Kerala or Karnataka. Anyway booked the slot in PSK for next week & hope will get the PCC on the same day.

James

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
james_tvm said:
Thanks Maverick28 8)Really cleared my doubts finally...was in real confusion whether to get from Kerala or Karnataka. Anyway booked the slot in PSK for next week & hope will get the PCC on the same day.

James
If you have renewed your passport within last 6 months then you will get it in a day. Otherwise, you will have to go through the process of police verification again. This will take some time.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
AOR Received.
Waiting
Maverick28 said:
If you have renewed your passport within last 6 months then you will get it in a day. Otherwise, you will have to go through the process of police verification again. This will take some time.
[/quote

In February only myself renewed the passport due to addition of spouse details.
Sorry for asking the same question again, I hope there won't be any issues by taking the pcc from psk trivandrum, Kerala as my passport permanent address instead of my current working place in Bangalore, karnataka....

James.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
james_tvm said:
Maverick28 said:
[/quote

In February only myself renewed the passport due to addition of spouse details.
Sorry for asking the same question again, I hope there won't be any issues by taking the pcc from psk trivandrum, Kerala as my passport permanent address instead of my current working place in Bangalore, karnataka....

James.
There will be no issues. You will get the PCC on the same day. For me, it just took 30 minutes for the whole process. I had renewed my passport in November.

protoebin

May 3, 2017
AOR Received.
04-09-2017
H
Dear all seniors,

I have to apply for PCC from India, but my passport bears the permanent address in Kerala & presently am staying in Bangalore ,India. Will be there any issue if I apply for the PCC from my home town PSK Trivandrum,Kerala or will i want to apply from the PSK where am presently residing.

Please put any suggestions... :( :( :'(

James... :'( :'( :'(

Hello James,
I too am caught up in same situation. My permanent address is in Kerala where as i am staying in bangalore for recent 7 years.

But since all my id proofs are in kerala address, i too am confused on how to approach psk.

How did yours went. You got it from kerala itself?

saragamra

Jun 5, 2022
please friends my future husband was married and divorced in France, but he had not declared this in his country Morocco, i mean he still single in our country, so it could lead to problems with the federal government? In express entry pls I really need your help