+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India for Spousal sponsorship (same-sex couple)

Chrisanya2321

Jul 31, 2020
Hi. Me and my wife are in a same-sex marriage and she is sponsoring me for permanent residency in Canada. When I went to apply for PCC through BSL, the guy at the counter told me that the police officer that will go to verify my address might talk to my parents about my spousal sponsorship. They do not know that we are married. I don't wanna risk doing this. Is there any other way to get PCC or can I write an explanation letter? Or I have to have a PCC to apply? I am very worried. Please suggest.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi. Me and my wife are in a same-sex marriage and she is sponsoring me for permanent residency in Canada. When I went to apply for PCC through BSL, the guy at the counter told me that the police officer that will go to verify my address might talk to my parents about my spousal sponsorship. They do not know that we are married. I don't wanna risk doing this. Is there any other way to get PCC or can I write an explanation letter? Or I have to have a PCC to apply? I am very worried. Please suggest.
When you apply for PCC online, the question that you need to answer is “for what” and the option you can choose is “PR”. I am not aware of any place in the PCC application where you need to mention that it is a spousal sponsorship application.
And yes, PCC is a must.

Chrisanya2321

Jul 31, 2020
Thank you for your response.
In the checklist, they ask you to bring sponsor's documents. Also, in one form they ask your marital status and in the other form, they ask you to enter your spouse's name. All these details go to the High Court of India and the police officer that will go to my house will have all these details and might ask my parents question about it.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
In the checklist, they ask you to bring sponsor's documents. Also, in one form they ask your marital status and in the other form, they ask you to enter your spouse's name. All these details go to the High Court of India and the police officer that will go to my house will have all these details and might ask my parents question about it.
Yes, if you are showing yourself as married in the PCC application, then you have to provide your spouse name in it.
Is your spouse name added in to your passport? If not, then please verify with the concerned dept. because I believe you can continue by declaring yourself as single in the PCC application.

KainthA

Sep 12, 2020
I
if you have not updated your spouse name in passport then you can apply your pcc as single. https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pages.php?id=45
You can check on this link , they have clearly stated that you have to use all the details according to current passport.

Feb 13, 2020
Hey. I am also Indian and in a same sex relationship. I got my pcc from bls as well and my family wasn’t involved in the process.

Reactions: Chrisanya2321

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry

Femme38

Dec 23, 2020
I don't think Canada would expect you to expose yourself to risk by declaring yourself in a same-sex relationship in a country that's hostile to same-sex relationships. But do consult an attorney about it.

Reactions: Chrisanya2321

Chrisanya2321

Jul 31, 2020
I don't think Canada would expect you to expose yourself to risk by declaring yourself in a same-sex relationship in a country that's hostile to same-sex relationships. But do consult an attorney about it.
I was thinking about the same thing and consulted an immigration consultant who had contacts in BSL. They confirmed that cops who go to your address have no information about the process you are applying with. You are good as long as you don't have your spouse's name on your passport.
Thank you for your response. :)

Tjgup

Jan 24, 2022
Hi everyone can anyone plz tell me the process of applying for pcc for my wife ( married same sex couple) , does she need to put married status on the form or can Apply as single , do we need to provide marriage documentation with the application.