+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from FBI

LiveFree

Mar 31, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My husband received ITA in the draw on Mar 27. We had not expected to come it so soon, so we had not prepared for PCC from FBI. We sent our application to FBI on Mar 30 and it should reach by Apr 1. But problem is it will take more than 3 months for us to get our PCC and I am not sure when they are going to charge our credit card. After reading few forums, I understood that if we have proof of submission, eg. tracking number, copy of fingerprinting form, credit card charged then CIC will accept it. But, unfortunately, I dont have any of those.What should we do? Should we apply again to FBI and keep proofs? Will double application affect us?
Also, how much time does it usually takes for Indian consulate in US to give PCC?

Thanks in advance.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know anything about Indian consulates, but I do about the FBI. They have a new system that has slowed them down, and I'm sure CIC is aware of it. In my case, they received my fingerprints on January 10 and charged my card yesterday, March 31. I should have the results in 2 weeks or so. You can see it is a long wait.

I also received an ITA on March 27, and if it had looked like the fingerprints wouldn't be processed in time, I would have written a note in the space provided in the PR application. I suspect - but don't know - that CIC would allow the results to be uploaded when they come in, as long as they come in before a final determination is made.

It's all we can do, so ....

LiveFree

Mar 31, 2015
Thanks. Hopefully you will get your PCC soon, so you will be able to make it to the 60 days deadline. Should we reject our ITA and wait for next draw? This will give us time to obtain PCC. Since our score would obviously be higher, we should get another ITA in next draw. Isnt it?

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
LiveFree said:
Thanks. Hopefully you will get your PCC soon, so you will be able to make it to the 60 days deadline. Should we reject our ITA and wait for next draw? This will give us time to obtain PCC. Since our score would obviously be higher, we should get another ITA in next draw. Isnt it?
A couple of days back there was a post on this forum where in someone called up CIC and mentioned this dilemma to them. Apparently the CIC rep said that if you can submit proof that you have requested the FBI PCC that's should fly for now. I haven't personally called them - just quote what I read a couple of days back. You should be able to find the post if you search.

Here is that post
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-current-processing-times-all-you-need-to-know-t276465.0.html;msg4172644#msg4172644

Do let me know what you do.

Cheers!
Dan

LiveFree

Mar 31, 2015
Yeah, I have read this thread. But, I dont have any proof. I didn't keep copy of form, no tracking number. And don't know when are they going to charge credit card. Thats why, I asked if it is ok, that we send PCC request to FBI again and keep proofs this time.

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
LiveFree said:
Yeah, I have read this thread. But, I dont have any proof. I didn't keep copy of form, no tracking number. And don't know when are they going to charge credit card. Thats why, I asked if it is ok, that we send PCC request to FBI again and keep proofs this time.
You might want to try and call CIC and see what they have to say.

LiveFree

Mar 31, 2015
The number they have given on their website can be dialed only from Canada. I'm in US. Can anyone from Canada help?