+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for GSS WP from US

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Guys, we are planning to submit GSS WP as early next week (We are in prep for almost a month) this is for quebec.
I am in US with L Visa.
So we submitted Atlanta Consulate thru mail for PCC, but they refused to process PCC because our L visa extension is currently under processing with USCIS which inturn is delayed due to COVID... Atlanta consulate said i need valid US visa to process India PCC !!!

I submitted the FBI Check letter to attorney.

Now i am not expecting my L visa extn status by End of Novmber if i am lucky... so what options i have ?

Lets submit the application and wait if they ask for India Police Certificate also note that i am in continuous US stay for past 6 years...if that make any difference..

Can i try any other any other Indian Consulate office in US like DC or NY ?
Travel to India to get a PCC will be awful it means permanent going back from US in hope of getting a WP in Canada ?

Any suggestions please ?

rohit_USABB

Apr 29, 2024
Hi, how did you manage PCC then? I am in same boat at this moment and not sure what I need to do? I am waiting for my lawyers to come back to me

Guys, we are planning to submit GSS WP as early next week (We are in prep for almost a month) this is for quebec.
I am in US with L Visa.
So we submitted Atlanta Consulate thru mail for PCC, but they refused to process PCC because our L visa extension is currently under processing with USCIS which inturn is delayed due to COVID... Atlanta consulate said i need valid US visa to process India PCC !!!

I submitted the FBI Check letter to attorney.

Now i am not expecting my L visa extn status by End of Novmber if i am lucky... so what options i have ?

Lets submit the application and wait if they ask for India Police Certificate also note that i am in continuous US stay for past 6 years...if that make any difference..

Can i try any other any other Indian Consulate office in US like DC or NY ?
Travel to India to get a PCC will be awful it means permanent going back from US in hope of getting a WP in Canada ?

Any suggestions please ?