+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC - Express Entry Rejected

jaynraithatha

Jan 25, 2019
I have 4 questions regarding my permanent residency application,

1) My application was rejected because PCC for New Zealand was earlier than when I left the New Zealand to come and work for Canada. I have not been asked to provide latest PCC for NZ, but got a direct rejection. shouldn't I been given a chance to generate new PCC for NZ? Can I dispute the rejection?

2) I am applying again for my permanent residency application, After leaving New Zealand, I spent 15 days in India and then Came to India. will I need a new PCC for India? My Last PCC of India is of date May 2018 and I have spent 15 day in Nov 2018 in India.

3) I am currently living in Canada on work permit, do I need a PCC for Canada for my Permanent Residency application?

4) As my current application has been rejected, I have been told in a message that I will get a refund. May I know the timeline of my refund as well as how much money I will get back?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I have 4 questions regarding my permanent residency application,

1) My application was rejected because PCC for New Zealand was earlier than when I left the New Zealand to come and work for Canada. I have not been asked to provide latest PCC for NZ, but got a direct rejection. shouldn't I been given a chance to generate new PCC for NZ? Can I dispute the rejection?

2) I am applying again for my permanent residency application, After leaving New Zealand, I spent 15 days in India and then Came to India. will I need a new PCC for India? My Last PCC of India is of date May 2018 and I have spent 15 day in Nov 2018 in India.

3) I am currently living in Canada on work permit, do I need a PCC for Canada for my Permanent Residency application?

4) As my current application has been rejected, I have been told in a message that I will get a refund. May I know the timeline of my refund as well as how much money I will get back?
To add here, you will also get a refund for your application fee since it has been rejected as incomplete.

jaynraithatha

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks for replies. is there any way that I can challenge the decision? as I was not asked to provide latest PCC? any help is appreciated.

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Thanks for replies. is there any way that I can challenge the decision? as I was not asked to provide latest PCC? any help is appreciated.
PCC is one of the crucial documents for the PR process. PCC for countries already visited should be applied from outside that particular country. PCC for current country of residence is valid only for 6 months whereas for all other countries, it will be infinite time till you return to that country again. I don't think this decision can be challenged. Experienced folks can provide their inputs ...

Captain2019

Apr 21, 2019
Hi,

Following up on all your comments, the CIC website states this with regard to date of issue of PCC:
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

In this case, after applying for PCC from our home country, if we travel back for 1-2 months, we still need to have our PCCs renewed? I am a bit confused with this point because technically I do not stay for 6 months in a row. If any of you could help clarify this point, that'd be really nice. Thanks in advance!

puigi

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi jaynraithatha,

I was wondering if you could tell me how long did it take them to reject your application as incomplete. I submitted my application two weeks ago and have not heard anything since. I am quite anxious because my common-law partner required a PCC from Vietnam. Since it was too long and complicated to get a new one, we decided to send the PCC she got 1 1/2 months before leaving Vietnam for good.

We took advantage of the fact that she left Vietnam for a holiday just before she got her PCC, so technically the PCC was issued after the last time she was in Vietnam for 6 months in a row. I am still not sure if they will let this pass on such a technicality...

This is the reason why I would like to know how long do they take to reject an application as incomplete.

Thanks!

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Hi,

Following up on all your comments, the CIC website states this with regard to date of issue of PCC:
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

In this case, after applying for PCC from our home country, if we travel back for 1-2 months, we still need to have our PCCs renewed? I am a bit confused with this point because technically I do not stay for 6 months in a row. If any of you could help clarify this point, that'd be really nice. Thanks in advance!
Nobody can give you a straight answer. I’m in this situation as well
Country of birth Russia
Country of residence France for the last 6 years
Got ppc in the consulate in 2017
Went to Russia for 3 weeks in 2018
Submitted my application 1 feb 2019, so 3,5 months after AOR
No news

Captain2019

Apr 21, 2019
Nobody can give you a straight answer. I’m in this situation as well
Country of birth Russia
Country of residence France for the last 6 years
Got ppc in the consulate in 2017
Went to Russia for 3 weeks in 2018
Submitted my application 1 feb 2019, so 3,5 months after AOR
No news
Well, I managed to talk to a CIC agent yesterday and they mentioned that if the address history reflects home country address during a period after PCC was issued, then one needs to apply for PCC again. Hope this helps. Good luck with your application! :)

Reactions: puigi

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Well, I managed to talk to a CIC agent yesterday and they mentioned that if the address history reflects home country address during a period after PCC was issued, then one needs to apply for PCC again. Hope this helps. Good luck with your application! :)
Thanks! PCC is a part of criminality check right? I will call today to try to find out if it is started yet..

afroze

Aug 19, 2015
Hi, I had submitted my application in July 2018 from Malaysia and then in October 2018 I moved to India. I had submitted my Malaysian PCC during application submission in July and in October I moved to India.
Do I need to get fresh PCC from Malaysia?
Please advise

Captain2019

Apr 21, 2019
Hi, I had submitted my application in July 2018 from Malaysia and then in October 2018 I moved to India. I had submitted my Malaysian PCC during application submission in July and in October I moved to India.
Do I need to get fresh PCC from Malaysia?
Please advise
You need to update them about your address change and if they need a new PCC, they will ask. But since you shifted after submission, I would say you are good :) But, it would serve you well if you update about the address change as soon as possible. Hope this helps.