+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paystubs and Tax return mandatory to show with employment letter?

sims88

Sep 12, 2018
Hi All

I know this question has been asked thousand times bu my situation is a bit different. So , please bear with me.

I am working as a Consultant and currently on a client project in USA. I have received my ITA in the last darw and completing my PR application. I have done MS here and joined a consulting firm in 2015. My employer gave me an employment letter stating my start date from July 2015 . The letter has all the required details like my designation, hours per week, salary and roles and responsibilities and also my employer's E-verification number and US Tax ID. I was undergoing a training till September and was under OPT period for F1 visa students and not on payroll. My first project started on Sep 2015 and payroll was ran on October 2015. I have gone through many posts where it is suggested to provide Tax returns and paystubs. I have 3 years paystubs from 2015 but my 2015 tax return shows a small amount in earnings around $6K. If I show the tax returns , will this cause any issue? I mean, will this is be a cause of concern to the visa officer? I am confused whether to attach the tax returns or just submit the employment letter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks