+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment problem - need advise

Ioanna

Nov 10, 2013
I'd appreciate if anyone can help me with this unfortunate situation.
I have submitted the full document package to CIO in Sydney on August 14. The credit card that I used in the form 5620 has been recently compromised and I have received a new one from my bank. Therefore the information in the form is incorrect and will lead to fee processing failure. I wrote an e-mail to CIO and to Local visa office. But no reply from them :(
Please advice, how can I update my credit card information? Should I mail/fax updated form to the local office and/or to CIC?
I hope for your prompt reply since I am afraid my application will be processed soon. Any ideas appreciated!

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, let me reassure you that if you act fast, it's not a problem. (I speak from personal experience).

Don't get stressed, instead send a cover letter to CIO explaining that your Credit Card has been blocked because you had suspected unauthorized misuse of it. Mention in the cover letter about your alternate payment mechanism (Draft or another card) and include the Payment form (in my case it was IMM5620E form) with all the details filled in it. I don't know what the current payment application form is.

The cover letter should also mention the following details so that they can link it easily to your application.
1.Name 2.Address 3.Visa Class (FSW1) 4.NOC 5.Application sent/received Date with FEDEX tracking number
6.email id 7.phone number 8.D.O.B 9.Passport Number 10.Nationality 11.Visa Office

It worked for me, and it should work for you!

Ioanna

Nov 10, 2013
Hi tilakk,

Thank you so much for your reply! I will do as you say immediately. I was hoping someone on this forum had been in the same situation.

sscv

Nov 14, 2013
Hi Ioanna,
Can you please tell me if you were able to contact the CIO office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I'm in the same situation as you. I sent the CIO Office a email. Did you get any response for your email. Did you also mail in a new payment form like Tilakk advised. Please let me know. Thanks.

With Regards,
SSCV.

Ioanna

Nov 10, 2013
Hi sscv,
I have not received any response on my e-mail so far. And yes, I sent the form to them, however it is still on its way. Should be there on monday. I'll post here if I'll have any news.
Good luck!

Ioanna

Nov 10, 2013
So far no news :-( The form with cover letter have been delivered on monday. No one from CIC or local VO replied to my e-mails :-( I guess I'll have to wait and continue to check my bank account for failed transactions.