+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PAYING MY FEES AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

jonesoboneso

Jan 30, 2010
HEY GUYS, YOU HAVE REALLY HELPED GET THIS FAR AS THE FORMS ARE SO CONFUSING. I'M PRETTY CLOSE BUT JUST NEED THE ANSWERS TO A FEW MORE THINGS.

IM IN THE UK WITH MY CANADIEN WIFE AND I CANT SEE ON THE FORMS WHERE I NEED TO SEND A COPY OF MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, IM SURE I DO BUT CAN ANY ONE CONFIRM THIS?

SECONDLY WHERE DO I PAY MY FEES AND DO I DO IT BEFORE I SEND THEM OFF, DO I NEED TO REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE OR DOES MY WIFE NEED TO?

AND THIRDLY QUESTION 1 ON IMM 1344. IF YOU ARE FOUND INELIGIBLE TO SPONSOR... WHAT DO THE TO OPTIONS MEAN? REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THIS ONE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS

CHRIS

I

iarblue

If im reading this correct you have not sent the app yet so include the marriage cert with the app.The fees you pay online and enter the recipt with the app.(you may have to print this after you complete the payment.And i believe what they are asking you in the options is if you are found ineligable to sponsor would you like for the PR app to continue check YES for this.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
^^^^^ I checked NO for the first question on IMM 1344. If I am denied as a sponsor, why would I want my husband's file transferred? When it gets to that office, he will be denied immediately for not having a sponsor, and they will be able to keep the $400 fee for PR application.

If I am denied, heck ya, refund my money and send me back my info so I can reapply.

Regarding the marriage cerificate, check your regional guide. Our certificate went in with the Applicant's documents, along with his birth certificate and passport. I threw an extra copy in with the Sponsor documents, just to be on the safe side :)

I

iarblue

Marriage certificates go with the app no mater what ok.And a PR ap can still get processed and approved without a sponsor.5 years ago my cousin was sponsoring a girl from Ubekizstan,he was denied as a sponsor but her PR still went through,and was approved do not ask me how or why but it was.She also had a little money in the bank but i can promise you it was not that much.

esperando

May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2009 at Mississauga
File Transfer...
23-11-2009 to Seoul
Passport Req..
02-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2010
LANDED..........
15-06-2010
iarblue said:
Marriage certificates go with the app no mater what ok.
I would check the region specific forms/checklist. We did NOT include a copy or original of our Canadian marriage certificate because it was not indicated anywhere on the sponsor's or applicant's forms. Instead, in the region specific checklist (for Korea), it told me (the applicant) to include a Korean Family Census Registry and Korean Proof of Marriage Relationship. These are both forms that can be printed out multiple times and are always on file in the civil office's system, not like a marriage certificate. Not trying to confuse you, just saying the required documents are different for each country/region and you should probably check those first.

Fees: you can pay online and include the receipt in your application (also indicated on checklist).

IMM 1344: We checked "yes" because we figured since the question was even there, if my husband was denied eligibility to sponsor I could still apply for PR (I mean, why would they even give you the option if it wasn't possible?)

Good luck :)

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
Our marriage certificate was required in the applicant's documents, as listed on the country specific checklist, along with his birth certificate.

Follow the instructions in the guide for paying the fees online, for me it was simple and I printed the receipt as required and included it just like the checklist says.

The instruction package can be overwhelming, but take your time and read each section carefully. It's all there.

As for the option to continue processing or not, I've learned on this forum that if you are processing outland, and you choose to continue processing the application even if you are denied as a sponsor - then you have the right to APPEAL the decision. If you say no, then the application will be cancelled and there is no right of appeal.

Perhaps another member can clarify this, but if you do a search of previous posts, you will find more info on that question. There are lots of answers here.

good luck