+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying for an application, is this acceptable?

meak

Jul 28, 2012
My husband has tried to pay to extend my visitor visa a few times and his card never worked and we didn't know why until now, when I called his bank they told me it's not a credit card, it is a debit. He can get a visa gift card from his bank for 3 dollars and change and then put the 75 on it. Have any of you ever used this as payment? Or he could try to get an actual credit card. He has assumed that it was a credit/debit all in one but his bank confirmed with me it is a debit.

It will take 2 days for them to send the request to his bank for a credit card. I have until Sunday and that day I have to leave Canada and I cant because I am on probation and it will breach my probation. I must stay in Canada for four more months to serve my time. Then, it will be taken off of my record.

I was also curious if cic will recognize that if I pay on saturday (The day they are closed) will they see me as illegal come monday after my expiry date or not?

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
Visa gift card is just like a credit card. You should be fine to use that as a method of payment. Getting an actual credit card would take weeks.

CIC requires you to apply for extension at least a month before your allowed length of stay is set to expire. So you should get the application in sooner rather than later.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meak, submit the application for extension as soon as you can even if it less than 30 days prior to the expiry of your TRV. After you submit the application, you get "implied status" until they reach a decision. CIC recommends that you apply for the extension 30 days prior - no where does it say if you submit application for extension less than 30 days prior to the expiry of the TRV, you become illegal in Canada.