+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past Visa refusal - US - misrepresentation

mariabas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hi! I have recently got an ITA for Canadian PR. I had a h1b visa from USA and recently when I went for stamping, it got permanently rejected under the misrepresentation section. The consulate officer told me that it was due to a remark made by another officer in USA and he can't do much about it. He told that it might be a mistake but he could not say anything for certain. He told that I am eligible for the waiver for this rejection and that he can recommend the waiver for me so that I can enter USA again. The waiver is currently under processing. My attorney is currently looking to find out what remark caused me to be rejected under the misrepresentation section so that we can appeal it if the remark does not hold true.

Regarding Canadian PR, under the visa refusals, I will mention that I have been rejected for H1b visa in USA. Apart from this, should I also explain about the rejection details in LOE or I should mention all the details if they ask me the reason? Also, would my USA refusal have any adverse affect on my Canadian PR application? Please let me know

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Provided you are 100% honest about the US refusal in your Canadian application, it won't impact your ability to get PR.

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
Hi! I have recently got an ITA for Canadian PR. I had a h1b visa from USA and recently when I went for stamping, it got permanently rejected under the misrepresentation section. The consulate officer told me that it was due to a remark made by another officer in USA and he can't do much about it. He told that it might be a mistake but he could not say anything for certain. He told that I am eligible for the waiver for this rejection and that he can recommend the waiver for me so that I can enter USA again. The waiver is currently under processing. My attorney is currently looking to find out what remark caused me to be rejected under the misrepresentation section so that we can appeal it if the remark does not hold true.

Regarding Canadian PR, under the visa refusals, I will mention that I have been rejected for H1b visa in USA. Apart from this, should I also explain about the rejection details in LOE or I should mention all the details if they ask me the reason? Also, would my USA refusal have any adverse affect on my Canadian PR application? Please let me know

@mariabas, I have a similar situation. Did you explain the US visa refusal in LOE or did you just declare the US visa refusal in the application form. How did it go? Did they ask for details?
Thanks in advance for sharing your advice and contributing!

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
@scylla, +1 on being 100% honest. Do you have an opinion on what level of detail should I provide in the initial PR application? Should I explain the rejection details (including clause) in LOE or I should just mention that I was refused a US visa in the application form?