Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hello All,

I sat my IELTS exam on September 10, 2016 in Jamaica.

The format of the exam was Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.

Listening

1. We were asked to listen to a lady who was booking a vacation in Vancouver, BC
2. We were asked to listen to an agent speaking about the different activities that can be done on a nature/outdoor excursion.
3. We were asked to fill out a map of a health centre. It had places like the gym, swimming pool and massage room. And we needed to identify where they are located on the map.
4. We were asked to listen to a lady speaking about the risks associated with food preparation and distribution. This was the longest and last task. You had to write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD so you had to listen carefully.

Reading

You had to read about different parks available for tours in a city then match statements given to the park it is describing.

The long Sections 3 and 4 which is usually the most difficult was matching the paragraphs to the headings in Section 3 and labelling the parts of a kite in section 4. The essay was a piece on the origin, history, and mechanics surrounding the KITE.

Writing

Task 1 - Your family situation has changed and so you need a new apartment to live in. Write a letter to the rental agency manager explaining
1. Why your family situation has changed.
2. What you require in your new apartment.
3. When you need to move.

Use no more than 150 words. (Recommended time 20 minutes)

Task 2 - Technology has made it easier to find translations to foreign languages, therefore it is not important to learn a foreign language.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Give your opinion using examples and your own ideas. Use no more than 250 words. (Recommended time 40 minutes.)

Speaking

Phase 1 - She started speaking and asked questions like:
Hello how are you?
My name is .... what's your name?
May I have your ID please?

She then tells me she is going to ask a few questions:

What do you do work or study?
Why did you choose that job?
What would you like to become in the future?
Tell me about your hometown?
Would you go back there to live?
Tell me about an event that your hometown has?
Who is your favourite celebrity in your country?
Have you ever met a celebrity?
Would you like to be a celebriry?

Phase 2 - She gave me a topic to speak on and I had one minute to prepare the points. My topic was:

Speak for 1 minute about also something you like to do occasionally that is very expensive.

Phase 3 - She asked:

Why do I like this expensive habit?
What have I bought?
Do I do it with anyone else?
She then spoke about my views on society and wealth.
How should rich people help poorer people?
How do people view wealth?
What are the consequences of getting money too easily?

That's all I remeber. Hope this helps someone. If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Phase 3.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
dexterseurattan said:
Hi, do u have the answersd
Hi. Yes I answered the questions in the exam. You would need to practice answering the questions that I have listed above and any other questions you can find on youtube and the IELTS website.

Example: If someone asks you, "What do you do, work or study?"

Answer: I work. Presently I am an Accountant for 'XYZ' Company. I have been working with them for the past 5 years and I really enjoy my job.

Another Example: If someone asks you, "Why did you choose this job?'

Answer: I had always wanted to become an accountant. I work well with numbers and computation of numbers and so this has always been a field I am interested in.

My advice to you, is to listen to what you are being asked carefully. Answer the question and elaborate in 1 or 2 sentences on your answer.

Hope this helps!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
dexterseurattan said:
What i meant was, do u have the answers to the reading and listening questions. I want to see if my answers was correct
This was an actual exam I had on Saturday. I'm only recalling from memory what the questions were, so you could get familiar with what to expect. I can't remember the multiple choice answers to the reading test. Sorry.

And for the listening test I gave a few examples of potential answers. Record yourself or practice with a friend.

Hme1

Sep 13, 2016
Answers for listening from what I remember

Breakfast
Train Station
$169
CHIL***
TENT
FISHING
BLACK BEAR
BOOTS

Leisure Club
Free item - Heart Monitor, SPA

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hme1 said:
Answers for listening from what I remember

$169
CHIL***
TENT
FISHING
BLACK BEAR
BOOTS
Lol your memory is good. I remember the questions but not the answers. That Chil**** was Chilcotin or Chil Cotin. I think that was the name of the tours administrator in Vancouver.