+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past criminal history

kingmyself77

Dec 8, 2009
Hi all,
I have question. I commited a puplic intoxication offence (I believe it is considered a misdemeanor ) in July 2006 in USA. Does that mean i'm no longer inadmissible to Canada or what? if no, how can I overcome that? Please help.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No no don't worry we accommodate criminals of all kinds and back grounds as long as you have not committed any war crimes(even for war criminals if Canada fears your life will be in danger they will not send you back to your home country), you were just intoxicated, that dosen't count because you were drunk at the time you cant be held responsible for your actions. But if immigration does ask just give them the police report, its no big deal it just formalities

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kingmyself77 said:
Hi all,
I have question. I commited a puplic intoxication offence (I believe it is considered a misdemeanor ) in July 2006 in USA. Does that mean i'm no longer inadmissible to Canada or what? if no, how can I overcome that? Please help.
You are not inadmissible to Canada. Public Intoxication is a summary offence in Canada.

BSpivey

Sep 29, 2011
how about a US reckless driving charge in 2006, is that a summary offence and am I inadmissiable to immigrate to Canada?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can immigrate even if you have reckless driving on your record, its a minor offense

Dana2424

Oct 18, 2011
newtone said:
No no don't worry we accommodate criminals of all kinds and back grounds as long as you have not committed any war crimes(even for war criminals if Canada fears your life will be in danger they will not send you back to your home country), you were just intoxicated, that dosen't count because you were drunk at the time you cant be held responsible for your actions. But if immigration does ask just give them the police report, its no big deal it just formalities
are you able to help me get a connection with an immigration official? I need a statement on letterhead that says (my daughter's name) won't be prohibited from entering the country of Canada due to an underage consumption ticket.