Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
As we know life brings all of concoction that we can imagine. One such thing is happening to me now. Just as I submitted my passports to ND VO on 29 March 2011, for the final decision i.e. Visa stamp, I encountered another opportunity however brief will prove good to my opportunity. I have received an training program offer abroad. However, short term it may be it would be very beneficial to me moving forward to Canada. But since my passports are at ND VO, there is no getting that chance. An opportunity missed is an opportunity lost. So guys I need your advice on this. Should I contact ND VO and request them to send my passports only or is it possible that we request them to expedite processing, or should I leave this opportunity and just concentrate on going to Canada. Has anyone else had the same circumstance. Please let me know your good thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Gav

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2009
AOR Received.
13 Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2010
Med's Request
5 oct 2010
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Oct 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2 Apr 2011
LANDED..........
11 May 2011
Brother....They are not going to expedite the processing....In my opinion .....Write an e-mail to them telling you need to do a business travel.....tell them you are going for a training......let them know about your travel dates and tell them to send the passport back....and you will re-submit once you are back....they will give you the passport back...attend the training and send the passport again.....

They will give you the passports for your travel.....mail it back to once you are back

Hope this helps....Good Luck

Cheers
Gav

nitroxn said:
As we know life brings all of concoction that we can imagine. One such thing is happening to me now. Just as I submitted my passports to ND VO on 29 March 2011, for the final decision i.e. Visa stamp, I encountered another opportunity however brief will prove good to my opportunity. I have received an training program offer abroad. However, short term it may be it would be very beneficial to me moving forward to Canada. But since my passports are at ND VO, there is no getting that chance. An opportunity missed is an opportunity lost. So guys I need your advice on this. Should I contact ND VO and request them to send my passports only or is it possible that we request them to expedite processing, or should I leave this opportunity and just concentrate on going to Canada. Has anyone else had the same circumstance. Please let me know your good thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
I suggest you just wait your passports. Never waste this chance for a short term objective. You are after a long term investment for you, your family and successors by getting the visa.

I'm afraid if you ask for the passports back, you would need to wait for 6 months or even more at later stage once you are ready for submitting the passports again, not to mention that you might need to go for the medical tests again, and maybe further background checks.

You reached the final step, don't just waste it.

Good luck

Gav

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2009
AOR Received.
13 Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2010
Med's Request
5 oct 2010
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Oct 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2 Apr 2011
LANDED..........
11 May 2011
Well....It will surely delay the process....but 6 months i am not...as i have seen 3-4 guys doing that but their VISA came within 30-40 days of re-submission......

So i would say.....it is upto you to prioritize ....yes mezo is right.....getting canada PR is certainly big....but only you know how important is your training to you....

You have both the options.....yes you can have the passports back for travel.... prioritizing is your job

Good luck

Cheers
Gav

Mezo2009 said:
I suggest you just wait your passports. Never waste this chance for a short term objective. You are after a long term investment for you, your family and successors by getting the visa.

I'm afraid if you ask for the passports back, you would need to wait for 6 months or even more at later stage once you are ready for submitting the passports again, not to mention that you might need to go for the medical tests again, and maybe further background checks.

Good luck

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
thanks for the advice... but i still cannot make up my mind. any similar cases in the past? the offer is tempting enough because i think it will really help my career in canada.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Considering the timeline of post June 26 applicants taking grasshopper for instance... the case was settled within months. I know it differs on a case by case basis but the question is what are the risks of taking the chance and requesting the passports back. Will they come back stamped (its my wishful thinking of course). Can i just request the passport of myself, my wife is the primary applicant.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
It's wishful thinking my friend :).

If you insist for the training, you might send a case specific inquiry to learn what's happening with your passports. Then, you might get some insight. I know VO's are requested not to explicitly declare any target dates for their tasks to applicants, however you might be lucky to receive sone insights.

Cheers

Gav

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2009
AOR Received.
13 Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2010
Med's Request
5 oct 2010
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Oct 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2 Apr 2011
LANDED..........
11 May 2011
Yes a forum member thomas78 did this.....he called his passports....mailed again and after 20-25 days got stamped passports back....happened with my friend......kind of similar thing for him.....

again upto you.....yes it delays the process but how much....i am not sure....i have seen people getting it in a month or so after resubmission.....see as i see it ...if you get the passports back nothing stops.....your medical is assessed....you security check happens...passport is stamped when all the requirements are full filled....other processing doesn't stop....this my view....seen people
not getting long delay.....

Cheers

Gav

nitroxn said:
thanks for the advice... but i still cannot make up my mind. any similar cases in the past? the offer is tempting enough because i think it will really help my career in canada.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
I second mezo...

But i advise you to think twice...then send case specific query to VO. But do not tell them that you need your passport back,,,but ask them how time you should expect for VISA with passport...

Regards,
Mayank

Mezo2009 said:

Good luck

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Thanks to all for your suggestion. I had filed a case specific inquiry. Do you have any experience of how long it takes them to respond to such queries.

Thanks again

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
From days to weeks, but in my experience; 3-5 working days, sometimes within48 hours. Your luck !

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Thanks hope they respond soon because the time is ticking. I hope there would not be any adverse consequences of this inquiry.

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitroxn said:

Thanks in advance.
Hi nitroxn,

Don't leave this opportunity. People who are already abroad when they are requested for a PPR also take the risk of taking the leaves and coming all the way to India to get the VISA. Just draft a letter, mentioning the dates of travel. Also:
1) A letter from the compnay giving you the opportunity to travel abroad.
2) Mention the VISA type (like business,etc.) that will be affixed on your PP from the other country's embassy.
3) Since i have gone through this, there is also a letter that the company has to provide to the consulate requesting them to issuse the required VISA to you and that they shall bear all the costs for stay and travel. Send this letter as well.
4) If you going from one of the sister concerns of your existing company or of it's foreign affiliates, ensure that your complete name is mentioned on the letter (since generally they issue the letters stating the name as "MR SURNAME".

Get all these Notarized. Also, any letter issued must have the PP no. on it and the address where they are going to provide you the accomodation. You may take a print of any email of relevant importance and send it (don't notarize this and this MAY make your case a bit more stronger)

Courier these, send an email wit the attachment, send a case specific query attaching all these and if possible (i don't know if this is correct) fax them as well.

Just go ahead. A bird in hand is better then 2 in the bush. No harm in atleast trying. I don't think this shall make any adverse impact. I have myself done this and awaiting the outcome. I have seen this happen with the desired outcome as well.

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
Gav said:
Brother....They are not going to expedite the processing....In my opinion .....Write an e-mail to them telling you need to do a business travel.....tell them you are going for a training......let them know about your travel dates and tell them to send the passport back....and you will re-submit once you are back....they will give you the passport back...attend the training and send the passport again.....

They will give you the passports for your travel.....mail it back to once you are back

Hope this helps....Good Luck

Cheers
Gav

i agree with your advice...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
mayankpandya said:
I second mezo...

But i advise you to think twice...then send case specific query to VO. But do not tell them that you need your passport back,,,but ask them how time you should expect for VISA with passport...

Regards,
Mayank

i agree with you...i guess writing them politically and correctly is the key when u explain the situation to chc nd...