+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports returned with no stamp - PR application

Swetha Dh

Aug 10, 2022
Hi,
I have applied for PR in 2019 and starting recently I started getting the Medicals, ADR and so on. I have paid all the fee including all the dependents biometrics and so on (myself (primary), Spouse, 2 kids). My spouse did not got his biometric request yet as of today as well. However 2 weeks before we got a request to drop our passports. We did drop the passports along with the letter of explanation which speaks about the fee payments, dates and what the fee is paid towards. After dropping the passports, the 4th day, we got a call from delhi immigration for confirming if we all are travelling. In the call we have mentioned about the biometric. We were then asked to submit the proof of payments through a webform. We have submitted that as well. Post which, the very next day we got a confirmation saying that a decision has been made and we received the passports back with no stamps. And the biometric request is still not received. The slip in the return envelope says "application in progress". Unsure what to do next other than awaiting. It is already a long wait of 3 long years. Unable to make up our minds if we will stay here permanently or will we leave to Canada. Loosing lot of professional opportunities because of this application being on hold.