+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports probably lost!!

omaradib

Mar 31, 2009
Hi,

Previously I mentioned about my situation. After contacting with Canada post, apparently, it seems that they don't know what happened to my post. Now, the only think I can hope is to know from Detroit Canada Immigration office about whether they received my application. Can anyone tell me how to contact them and know about whether they received it?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

omaradib said:
Hi,

Previously I mentioned about my situation. After contacting with Canada post, apparently, it seems that they don't know what happened to my post. Now, the only think I can hope is to know from Detroit Canada Immigration office about whether they received my application. Can anyone tell me how to contact them and know about whether they received it?

Thanks!
Case specific email, email address here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/detroit.asp

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Sometimes you learn lessons the tough way.

You should never send by post a passport (valid or invalid), unless the postal service can varify on receipt they give you the post contains a passport belonging to such and such.

Otherwise take time out and go to the embassy/consulate hand it in personally and collect a receipt.

Lets hope you passport turns up where you expect it soon, otherwise you should inform the appropriate authorities that it is lost (in case it is used used for illegal activity).

I shoot from the hip.