+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport

lynz213

Aug 2, 2013
Hi all, I hope this is the right area to post passport applications.

I applied for my passport and the next day they didn’t call my guarantor but they called one of my references.
She told me they asked her where I am from, where I lived, how we know each other and for how long, and my hair colour and my age and height.

There are some details she didn’t know because she’s a friend I know from my child’s school and we don’t discuss our exact addresses, age or height.
Will this be a problem?
Is it normal to call a reference instead of a guarantor?
If they don’t give me my passport should I get a lawyer because I can definitely prove I’m myself.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Before choosing her as a reference in your passport application you should have informed her beforehand and provide her with specific details about yourself.
However I don’t think this is going to be big deal.
Good luck

lynz213

Aug 2, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Of course I did inform her beforehand and asked if she could be my reference. But I had no idea they would ask such specific questions and pick to call only second reference. I thought they’d just confirm that she knew me for 2 yrs and how. But hope it works out.

Before choosing her as a reference in your passport application you should have informed her beforehand and provide her with specific details about yourself.
However I don’t think this is going to be big deal.
Good luck