+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
hello. i just learned from a friend in my country Philippines that there has been a change in the processing of passports. It used to be only 5 working days and you would be able to have your new passport. Now it takes 12 to 20 working days for it to be processed. My passport expires on May 2010. I will be travelling on the 18 December to the Philippines and will be coming back on the 8th of January. I did not have my passport renewed here in Canada because I intended to renew it when I go back to the Philippines. Now this is my challenge. There is not enough time for my passport to be renewed there. And I understand that the passports has to be at least 6 months validity when you travel. Will it be possible the Canadian immigration will accept my current passport and I will just have it renewed here in canada when I get back in January? Help help advise. I am in a delimma... Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Jocelyn said:
hello. i just learned from a friend in my country Philippines that there has been a change in the processing of passports. It used to be only 5 working days and you would be able to have your new passport. Now it takes 12 to 20 working days for it to be processed. My passport expires on May 2010. I will be travelling on the 18 December to the Philippines and will be coming back on the 8th of January. I did not have my passport renewed here in Canada because I intended to renew it when I go back to the Philippines. Now this is my challenge. There is not enough time for my passport to be renewed there. And I understand that the passports has to be at least 6 months validity when you travel. Will it be possible the Canadian immigration will accept my current passport and I will just have it renewed here in canada when I get back in January? Help help advise. I am in a delimma... Thank you
I don't know if Canada also requires a 6-month passport validity before they allow you in but I think the Philippines has an advisory to make sure that Filipinos traveling abroad has passports valid for at least 6 months "to avoid problems at the airport".

http://dfa.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/kmbt35020080710225203.pdf

Anyway I think there is an expedited passport application but you'd be going home at a time when there are lots of holidays and so no offices. You may have to go to DFA the Monday after your arrival :( and apply for renewal.

isagada

Oct 31, 2009
You still have enough time Jocelyn.As jobseeker said, renew your passport immediately on the 21st- monday.Apply for the 7 working days period and definitely you'll have it.Good luck kabayan! :)