+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission request questions

rajeeb

Jun 19, 2022
Hello guys,

I received a letter from IRCC to submit the passport along with the photos for COPR. The problem is I am absolutely confused as to where I need to send this.... If anyone could help me in this regard I would appreciate it highly.

Below is the excerpt of the letter I received:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:
  1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
    Note: Visa exempt applicants with an online account are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your online account.
  2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
    Note: Visa exempt applicants using an online account are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your online account.
  3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
    Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those with an online account, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in one single package. A) If you are currently overseas:

A) Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

If you have submitted your passport(s), you should expect to be without it/them for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us via webform. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.

B) If you are currently in Canada:

You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the questions I am having:
1. I am currently residing in Denmark andI have gone through the link given in STEP 4 to find the visa application center, looks like there isn't one in Denmark at all. The address written on the letter is of Immigration Section London, England. So the question is: Can I submit it to any of the VFS in any other country? Or do I need to submit it to VFS of London?

2. What is the VAC Passport Transmission Fee and where can I find it? I cannot find it anywhere. The link only gives a list of VFS centers available in different countries and I do not see VAC Passport Transmission fee listed anywhere. I also checked the IRCC fee list and its not listed anywhere there as well.

3. Is there anyway I can contact the IRCC or the Immigration Section London, England who sent me the letter about what is it exactly that I need to do? I see posts of people being able to call to inquire about their application and getting some answers, but I cannot find a phone number anywhere. Or is it no longer possible?

If anyone has answer to any of the questions I have, I would really appreciate it.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I received a letter from IRCC to submit the passport along with the photos for COPR. The problem is I am absolutely confused as to where I need to send this.... If anyone could help me in this regard I would appreciate it highly.

Below is the excerpt of the letter I received:

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:
  1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
    Note: Visa exempt applicants with an online account are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your online account.
  2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
    Note: Visa exempt applicants using an online account are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your online account.
  3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
    Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those with an online account, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in one single package. A) If you are currently overseas:

A) Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

If you have submitted your passport(s), you should expect to be without it/them for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us via webform. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.

B) If you are currently in Canada:

You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Now the questions I am having:
1. I am currently residing in Denmark andI have gone through the link given in STEP 4 to find the visa application center, looks like there isn't one in Denmark at all. The address written on the letter is of Immigration Section London, England. So the question is: Can I submit it to any of the VFS in any other country? Or do I need to submit it to VFS of London?

2. What is the VAC Passport Transmission Fee and where can I find it? I cannot find it anywhere. The link only gives a list of VFS centers available in different countries and I do not see VAC Passport Transmission fee listed anywhere. I also checked the IRCC fee list and its not listed anywhere there as well.

3. Is there anyway I can contact the IRCC or the Immigration Section London, England who sent me the letter about what is it exactly that I need to do? I see posts of people being able to call to inquire about their application and getting some answers, but I cannot find a phone number anywhere. Or is it no longer possible?

If anyone has answer to any of the questions I have, I would really appreciate it.
The first thing to do is this "Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)", I am assuming that you are now overseas (no longer residing in the country where you initially applied from).

Secondly, you can actually send your passport(s) to London via a courier service, and arrange for them to be picked up by a courier service from the VAC after it is returned from the embassy. You can also send your passport(s) to VAC of a country nearest to you for transmission to the Canadian embassy.

And the Passport Transmission fee is the fee charged by the VAC to send your passport(s) to the Canadian embassy; you should find this listed on their website.

rajeeb

Jun 19, 2022
Secondly, you can actually send your passport(s) to London via a courier service, and arrange for them to be picked up by a courier service from the VAC after it is returned from the embassy. You can also send your passport(s) to VAC of a country nearest to you for transmission to the Canadian embassy.
So does this mean I can directly send my documents to the address written on the letter instead? and how do I arrange it to be picked up by the VAC after it is returned from the embassy. The letter says to submit to the VAC so is it okay to submit directly to embassy?

And the Passport Transmission fee is the fee charged by the VAC to send your passport(s) to the Canadian embassy; you should find this listed on their website.
I have not been able to find this in any of the VAC website. For example, the closest VAC to me is the one in Sweden. The link of the prices for additional services are given here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/swe/en/can/additional-services
Is the Passport Transmission fee the same as the "International Courier Service (per package) - Denmark & Finland"?

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it.

U104

Feb 24, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello,

I received a letter requesting Passports to finalize the application. My wife and son's passports are within 6-month expiry. I have already applied for renewal with takes 12 days for new passports.
Once I got New passports,
Should I Inform the IIRC/Visa office of the updated Passports and wait for their reply before submitting to VFS.
OR I send to VFS with a letter of explanation.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I received a letter requesting Passports to finalize the application. My wife and son's passports are within 6-month expiry. I have already applied for renewal with takes 12 days for new passports.
Once I got New passports,
Should I Inform the IIRC/Visa office of the updated Passports and wait for their reply before submitting to VFS.
OR I send to VFS with a letter of explanation.
Send to VFS with a letter of explanation.