Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Hello everyone,

I just received a request for submission of passports from Ankara visa office. In the email, they ask me to fill some information for me and each accompanying dependent. Me and my husband, who is my sponsor, have a son together who was born on 31 July 2016 in Ankara (Turkey). Is our son an accompanying dependent and should I include information for him as well in the passport submission form?

I would appreciate a quick response on this matter. Thank you very much!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
was he included as an accompanying dependant on the application? you would know if he was as you would have submitted information about and fill out forms for him in your application package or would have added him to the application when born.

if he is a canadian citizen, then you don't need to send his passport. the request is for anyone included in the application seeking PR status.

if he's not a canadian citizen and will need PR status, then you need to notify CIC of his birth, fill out the applicable forms and send in his passport for a PR counterfoil.

can_tur

Mar 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
He wasn't included in my application since he wasn't born when I submitted my application. He was born one month before we got DM.

He is a Canadian citizen since my husband is a Canadian citizen. I guess in this case he doesn't need to be indicated as an accompanying dependent.

Thank you very much for your reply! :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
can_tur said:
He wasn't included in my application since he wasn't born when I submitted my application. He was born one month before we got DM.

He is a Canadian citizen since my husband is a Canadian citizen. I guess in this case he doesn't need to be indicated as an accompanying dependent.

Thank you very much for your reply! :)
if he is a canadian citizen, then he is not included in the application. he will need a canadian passport to travel to/enter canada when the PA lands (assuming he's not currently in canada). if you don't already have proof of his citizenship or a passport, you need to get started on that ASAP. I think it's still recommended to notify CIC of his birth, even if he is a canadian citizen (others will confirm - i'm currently having a brain lapse on this one). You can do this by sending a case specific inquiry with a copy of his birth certificate and canadian passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can_tur said:
Is our son an accompanying dependent and should I include information for him as well in the passport submission form?
He is not an accompanying dependent. When you submit your passport, include a letter about the child's birth, the birth certificate and if you have it, proof you have applied for a Certificate of Citizenship.

You can apply concurrently for a Certificate of Citizenship and a limited validity Canadian passport. As said above, get started on this ASAP, as the child will not be able to travel to Canada without a Canadian passport.

can_tur

Mar 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Thank you very much for the replies!

I had already sent my passport before seeing your reply, therefore I did not include a letter about our child's birth. However, we sent an email to Ankara visa office for the birth of our child since they asked to let them know any changes in the circumstances in their email (where they requested the passports). In the email, we told them we had a baby and we included the date of birth, the city of birth and name of the child. We haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Also, I started looking into how to get a citizenship certificate. I have a few questions about the application:

- Do we have to get a citizenship certificate to obtain a Canadian passport?

- For citizenship certificate application, they ask for photographs. Do we need to provide photos for our child, who is two months old.

- They also ask for two pieces of personal identification such as a passport, driver's license, or health insurance card, one of which must have a photo of the child on it. Currently, only personal identification our child has is a national identity card from Turkish government. However it doesn't have a photo on it since they don't put the photos of children under certain age. Do you think this ID card would be sufficient?

- Who should we contact about these questions and any other questions we might have about the application process?

Thank you very much for the responses in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can_tur said:
- Do we have to get a citizenship certificate to obtain a Canadian passport?

- For citizenship certificate application, they ask for photographs. Do we need to provide photos for our child, who is two months old.

- They also ask for two pieces of personal identification such as a passport, driver's license, or health insurance card, one of which must have a photo of the child on it. Currently, only personal identification our child has is a national identity card from Turkish government. However it doesn't have a photo on it since they don't put the photos of children under certain age. Do you think this ID card would be sufficient?

- Who should we contact about these questions and any other questions we might have about the application process?
No. The child can be granted a limited validity passport based on the fact that you've applied for the Certificate of Citizenship.

Yes.

Does the child not have a Turkish passport?

This forum is the best place for advice.

can_tur

Mar 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
We did not get a Turkish passport for him since I thought Canadian passport would be sufficient. Would you recommend getting one given that they ask for two pieces of photo ID?

I know this forum is the best place for answers :) I learned a lot about my sponsorship application process from here. But, I was wondering if I can call embassy in Ankara or e-mail them. Do they normally provide help for people who have questions?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can_tur said:
We did not get a Turkish passport for him since I thought Canadian passport would be sufficient. Would you recommend getting one given that they ask for two pieces of photo ID?

I know this forum is the best place for answers :) I learned a lot about my sponsorship application process from here. But, I was wondering if I can call embassy in Ankara or e-mail them. Do they normally provide help for people who have questions?
I believe that most people usually use the foreign passport as one of the IDs.

You can most definitely try contacting them.