+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport stolen

anayya

Star Member
Aug 1, 2010
my husband has been lievd in uk for 3 years and now for last 1 year he is in pakistan and visa has expired..now we are planning for canada immigration but his passport has stolen last week ,we have FIR for this ..now when he will get new passport ,there will no visa stamp on new to show that he has been in uk ...when we will need police clearance certificates..we will provide them from uk as well as from pakistan...but i want to know will they make any issue that where is ur previous passport...what we will do then as it is stolen and we have FIR for this...

saleem785javed

Star Member
May 27, 2010
canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

For Uk PCC they wont need visa copy they just want the new pp photostat copy in that they will also mention the old passport number as well and in the application form you have to mention the dates from which date to which date you have been in UK thats all they will check with in those dates as i was told by one of the officer when i called them regarding the same doubt. if you have any doubts you check their website also http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

saleem

neha2000

Jul 27, 2010
If your husband was in the UK for 3 years and was working or studying, I am sure you could provide them with supporting documents as well as residence address(es) during period of residency in UK. As suggested by Saleem, the ACPO form contains a section for additional information-you can explain the situation in that.

Also, they do not require the original passport- do you not have any photocopy of the passport with the visa page??

Either way, I don't think it will be a major issue as long as all the other information provided is accurate.

Good luck!!