+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hey guys

So update today I revived an email to submit my passport but it didnt mentioned if it's approval or refusal. What does it mean?? Please help guys

Farko

Jan 26, 2016
Shani19 said:
Hey guys

So update today I revived an email to submit my passport but it didnt mentioned if it's approval or refusal. What does it mean?? Please help guys
It means approved

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Guys can you please help me with this? So I already submitted my passport along with my application when I was applying for visa. Now today I revived an email to submit my passport:/ I mean I already submitted it. What to do now?

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Shani19 said:
Why is not mentioned then? Just scaring people :'(
You won't be notified about your approval when you get passport request, I got my study permit approval letter almost 10 days later

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
ana786 said:
You won't be notified about your approval when you get passport request, I got my study permit approval letter almost 10 days later
Oh ok then.
Can you please help with the problem? I already submitted my passport along with my application when I was applying (VFS) so what does it mean? What should I do?

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Shani19 said:
Oh ok then.
Can you please help with the problem? I already submitted my passport along with my application when I was applying (VFS) so what does it mean? What should I do?
Sorry I have no idea about that considering I didn't submit my passport with the application. Maybe they sent it by mistake? Try contacting your local vfs office and ask them to give u the email address of the embassy/high commission where your application is & contact them

Btw passport request means you're approved so don't worry too much either way

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
ana786 said:
Sorry I have no idea about that considering I didn't submit my passport with the application. Maybe they sent it by mistake? Try contacting your local vfs office and ask them to give u the email address of the embassy/high commission where your application is & contact them

Btw passport request means you're approved so don't worry too much either way
Oh um ok then. Thanks though. Btw after how much time did you receive your passport back? And when you got email for passport instructions did you receive anything else?

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Shani19 said:
Oh um ok then. Thanks though. Btw after how much time did you receive your passport back? And when you got email for passport instructions did you receive anything else?
I just got passport instructions with a PDF file and I had to take a print out of the email and submit those 2 with the passport.

I don't remember the exact time but it took 3/4 days to reach vfs Singapore then a couple days later I got the approval email and then 4/5 days after that I was asked to collect my passport. It takes time for the passports to go from one vfs to another + you have to keep the weekends in mind

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
ana786 said:
I just got passport instructions with a PDF file and I had to take a print out of the email and submit those 2 with the passport.

I don't remember the exact time but it took 3/4 days to reach vfs Singapore then a couple days later I got the approval email and then 4/5 days after that I was asked to collect my passport. It takes time for the passports to go from one vfs to another + you have to keep the weekends in mind
Oh ok thanks.
I am still confuse though as to why did they send me passport instructions :/. I talked to vfs staff today and they told me it's an error. How can it be an error when it clearly came to my cic account and includes my UCI and application number. :(

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Shani19 said:
Oh ok thanks.
I am still confuse though as to why did they send me passport instructions :/. I talked to vfs staff today and they told me it's an error. How can it be an error when it clearly came to my cic account and includes my UCI and application number. :(
An hour after I submitted my passport I got an SMS from vfs asking for my passport again lol don't stress and wait for a few days

Saikat1313

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct 2016
File Transfer...
17th Oct 2016
Med's Request
1st Nov 2016
Med's Done....
3th Nov 2016
Passport Req..
13th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22 Dec 2016
Shani19 said:
Oh ok thanks.
Hey Shani congratulations brother.. :)

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
ana786 said:
An hour after I submitted my passport I got an SMS from vfs asking for my passport again lol don't stress and wait for a few days
Oh okay then. Thanks for helping!