Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
31-07-2014
Dear Borad Members,

I thought of sharing this with all, since this might help others who are planning to renew passport after PR visa and COPR letter. As per CPC-Ottawa you have to resubmit your new passport and COPR to visa office to get new COPR and visa stamped in new passport. Below is the response I got from CPC-Ottawa when I sent my new passport details to them before landing after COPR.

The passport in which your visa was issued is no longer valid for travel because you have acquired a new passport.

Because the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) was issued with the details of your older passport, it cannot be used for travel. Since you and your spouse are part of the same application, both COPRs will have to be re-printed.

You and your spouse will need to return your original COPR forms, either to the High Commission in New Delhi or to our office (if you each have your own COPRs, you may both return them separately to the most convenient office). We cannot print your new COPRS without the initial COPRs.

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
mak3678 said:
Dear Borad Members,

I thought of sharing this with all, since this might help others who are planning to renew passport after PR visa and COPR letter. As per CPC-Ottawa you have to resubmit your new passport and COPR to visa office to get new COPR and visa stamped in new passport. Below is the response I got from CPC-Ottawa when I sent my new passport details to them before landing after COPR.

The passport in which your visa was issued is no longer valid for travel because you have acquired a new passport.

Because the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) was issued with the details of your older passport, it cannot be used for travel. Since you and your spouse are part of the same application, both COPRs will have to be re-printed.

You and your spouse will need to return your original COPR forms, either to the High Commission in New Delhi or to our office (if you each have your own COPRs, you may both return them separately to the most convenient office). We cannot print your new COPRS without the initial COPRs.
Thanks for sharing.

maja84

Dec 20, 2017
Dear Borad Members,

Hi Mak,
It was quite time you wrote this post, but if you are still here, can you tell me where you sent your new passport to the office that issued visa or to Ottawa. Can you share more details how the process went. For example, how long did it take, did you have to inform CIC about passport change?
Thanks in advance.