+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal after PPR

soulseeker

Oct 8, 2017
Assuming PPR is received, I understand a candidate would have 30 days to send the passport to VO.
During that period, if the passport got renewed;
a) Would the candidate have to send both old and new passports?
b) Would the new or the old passport be stamped with the visa?
c) Does COPR contain passport number? and if yes, does that mean this is the only passport that can be stamped with the visa?
d) After getting a new passport in that 30 days period, does the candidate have to raise a CSE?

Thanks.

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming PPR is received, I understand a candidate would have 30 days to send the passport to VO.
c) Does COPR contain passport number? and if yes, does that mean this is the only passport that can be stamped with the visa?
d) After getting a new passport in that 30 days period, does the candidate have to raise a CSE?

Thanks.
I am not expert but i got mine renewed while my application in process. So i raised cse for new passport. Got email reply that it been uploaded in data based. After getting ppr, i called cic wheather i have to sent both passport or just new one then she told me send photocopy of old passport with explaination lettler that u renewd ur passport and also new passpport. Hope this helps . Calling cic will helps too if you have any doubts.
Good luck

soulseeker

Oct 8, 2017
I am not expert but i got mine renewed while my application in process. So i raised cse for new passport. Got email reply that it been uploaded in data based. After getting ppr, i called cic wheather i have to sent both passport or just new one then she told me send photocopy of old passport with explaination lettler that u renewd ur passport and also new passpport. Hope this helps . Calling cic will helps too if you have any doubts.
Good luck
Thanks a lot Jaymin007 for your input ... hopefully more feedbacks to come from the forum's experts ...

kam96

Apr 1, 2023

Thanks.
Hello, I'm in the same situation Could you please any updates I have sent my old and new passports through VFS waiting for the stamp.
Did they stamp the new passport?